Can any MG42 parts be imported?

Anything MG42 related.
PortHolio

Can any MG42 parts be imported?

Post by PortHolio »

Called MarStar to get some odds & ends, and they said they can't sell ANYTHING off of an MG-42 to the US without a Form 6.

I knew barrels were shut off a couple years ago, but I keep seeing recent parts kits coming in that are just missing the barrels or trunnions. Seems like not that long ago I ordered some drums and couple pins, screws etc. from Marstar.

I guess I have been living under a rock. Does anyone know the specific current restriction details and when these came into effect?

Thanks, PH
Taurus454
Feldwebel
Feldwebel
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Can any MG42 parts be imported?

Post by Taurus454 »

MARSTAR is in Canada if I recall. Canada has some very weird rules about what is exportable. Yes, barrels are now a problem. As I learned, receivers are a problem as well. Plenty of stuff still here in the USA. I would suggest you check gunbroker but be carefull who you trade with. Check their ratings for sure to make sure they have high ratings and all are good.

Tom
amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

Basically what Marstar told you is true. You can import parts other than barrels or receivers but you must file a form 6 and get it back approved first. Anything on the munitions list requires a form 6 for import. You should be able to get anything you need other than the barrels or the receiver....

frank
PortHolio

Post by PortHolio »

thanks for the info guys. it made for much more productive internet searching:

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5330-3a.pdf

in a nutshell sounds like:
- it's a relatively simple, if timeconsuming process, much like C&R application
- private individuals can import non-receivers and non-barrel parts for non-resale private use

thanks again.
PH
goldglove25

Post by goldglove25 »

too bad because marstar has ww2 mg42 barrels at decent prices.