Marstar receivers

Anything MG42 related.
Michael J

Re: Marstar receivers

Post by Michael J »

UPDATE: Well i think i fried this "John's" (employee of marstar) brain with various questions, as i received an email that he can no longer help me :lol: ! He also vaguely said with proper paperwork it would be possible to own a 100% receiver. This paperwork, i am assuming would probably be next to impossible to have approved. He also said that they do not sell cut receivers, this i am guessing to be because of the "hassle".

Cutting up one receiver, on a custom basis, is too time consuming, and this is why i think they won't sell one. However, i plan to inquire about a business license (my mom's gonna be pissed, i keep putting my things in her name, due to me being a minor :lol: ). I'm sure they would not pass up an offer, if i bought a small # of receivers though. Better yet, they sell complete mg42 parts kits (receivers cut maybe, on a custom, inquired basis?), by the half-container load.

Utilizing a business license to manufacture "non-restricted" firearms, as they call them in canada (same classification as that old .22 long-rifle you have sitting in your closet), this would allow me to legally produce and sell a good number of these at a time, rather than dealing on a private basis (through classifieds), hoping my government doesn't get pissed off at me :D !

Hopefully this little side project will be made possible, after i inquire about a bunch of these canadian laws with my chief firearms officer for my province. Unlike your american gun laws, ours are not so widely available on the internet :( , so i must inquire about them myself, and maybe i can help any fellow canadians with these laws.

Whether or not anything i find can contribute to Pirates "thing" he is setting up, i'm not sure. However it would be nice to hit two birds with one stone, and maybe any laws / rules i find, can help you guys with getting cheaper receivers, or something :) .