Who buys this junk?

Anything MG42 related.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Who buys this junk?

Post by Bil »

That sounds exactly like my childhood,even born the same year.We had the 1/72 Airfix soldiers for inside in the winter,you could get them for about 1 cent each them.Used rubber band guns too.I only wish I had followed your lead and gotten into the MGs,I went for the fast cars instead.Oh,well. :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
glassmountains
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by glassmountains »

Gosh I forgot about 1/72. My Dad made us a HO train layout on a 4x8 sheet of plywood, framed out on the bottom, that he rigged to a pulley system so that it would raise and lower from the rafters in the garage. We would lower it to "playing" height run the train, stage our troops & armor to attack/defend the village or farm and PLAY! If we got interrupted (called to dinner or chores) we would leave everything, raise it up then lower it another day to continue. Man, I can't wait to have grandchildren!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

My first grandson-5 months old.I want to start him off right. :lol: ---bil
Attachments
6-21-07 006.jpg
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

damn if i tried that with my kid, my ex would be at the court house faster than the hildabeast clinton to capt crunch.....
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That is the diferance between Massachusetts and Vermont! One of the few diferances-we have very liberal gun control laws,in everything else we are one of the most liberal,wacky,backwards states there is.I love tormenting those people! ---bil
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

no i mean shed go to have all my visitation taken away lol (cant wait till hes older though). though he does go for my army tm&fm manuals over his reg kids books :D
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I got your meaning,my ex was the same,but up here it would be hard to do over a gun thing.[unless the kid was actually shooting it.] :lol: But if I fed him junk food I would be a bad influence! ---bil
Gene

Post by Gene »

If anyone is interested in one of those 1/6 scale all metal very good detal MG42's with tripod $25.00 for your desk here is the link http://www.monkeydepot.com/index.asp?Pa ... odID=11719. There is some guy selling this very same model on Gunbroker for $68.00. If you get bored of looking at it just wrap an M80 to it and light it up.

Gene

P.S. Yes I have one on my desk to remind me of my BRP 42 semi.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I have one of those 6" MG-42's on my desk at work. They look cool.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury