42 barrel status?

Anything MG42 related.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

42 barrel status?

Post by panaceabeachbum »

Does anyone know if the bbl extension on the 42 bbls will be banned from import? I would think tech it would not be but the batmen can make laws on the fly now so I am unsure. The bbl its self would be a breeze for domestic production but the locking extension is another story.

Currently IO has .308 steyr bbls for $99 , look good , used
Northridge has some really nice mg73 or74 .308 bbls $90 , new unmarked
I have not ordered any others but there are probably some deals still floating around. Hard to believe I was buying new in the wrap steyr .308 bbls for under $50 just a few months ago
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

I had heard that barrels could be imported provided they are cut. Granted I have no way to confirm this, but if its true then extensions will be available.
Smooth is Fast
falcom
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Are the Northridge barrels chrome lined Steyr?

Post by falcom »

Are any of the Chrome lined 308 Steyr barrels floating around?
gearlogo
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by gearlogo »

Northridge has locking pieces.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Steyr has a manufacturing plant in the U.S. now, so if they wanted to, they just need to make the barrels and/or extensions here to be legal. I'm sure the deciding factor will be whether it's profitable or not. If you build it, they will come. uh, I heard that somewhere, but I'm talking about MG42s and barrels now. :D
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
pvtryan

Post by pvtryan »

Will....You are doing right. Get all the accessories first. Then we you get finished. You will have all the stuff you need. I hope that this new ban has some loop holes, but if not, it never hurts to have too many barrels and bolts.

Ryan
DrSmeller

Post by DrSmeller »

John, i did not know Steyr has a factory here in the US. Seems these UN treaty signing countries don't sell to the public if they have a plant here in the states. Will be great if they do. I'm just not real optimistic at this point.