M53 kit price check

Anything MG42 related.
weasel_master
Leutnant
Leutnant

M53 kit price check

Post by weasel_master »

What should one expect to pay for an m53 kit missing the barrel and muzzle bearing? It may also be missing the feed tray.
railsplitter

Re: M53 kit price check

Post by railsplitter »

Not too long ago M53 kits could be had for $200, now $350 -$400 A decent barrel (8mm) is worth at least $100. From there I would subtract the cost of the missing parts in your evaluation. Kits do vary on what parts are included and how they are cut up.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

avg. kit @ retail, lets say $500 (APEX is at $525). So the barrel itself would cost just over $100 (mind you i am rounding down, expect higher numbers). Muzzle bearing, is that this piece, or am i picturing something different in my head lol?Image Because, that piece is (always?) missing (due to demill?) on m53 parts kits. So that would not take away from their asking price, as my "$500 quote", is not including that piece.

Basically, if the barrel isn't included, take off more or less $100 (in my opinion).
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Never will I claim to be an expert in anything except calamity, but I do follow the kit prices pretty closely, as I've had to sell and buy a bit in the last month. My observations of actual sales:

*Most Outrageous Price For a Complete M53 kit: Over $650. I kid you not.
*Lowest price paid for a complete M53 kit: Just under $500.

Using the $500 mark as a baseline for a nice, complete M53 kit, including the barrel and bipod, add in the following variables:
*No barrel? Deduct $125
*No bipod? Deduct $100 (tried to buy one lately?)
*Does the M53 front section still have a complete camming section intact? Add $125.

These are pretty close numbers as things stand this week. But the great depression is just around the corner, so all bets are off as to where prices will go. Since the AIG Insurance collapse, not to mention LEhman bros, etc., sales all over the auction sites have almost stopped. Who knows what's going to happen next?

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Garry, you hit it right.

I would also suggest to anyone looking for an M53 parts kit to contact InterOrdnance and ask Dave when the next batch of M53 parts kits are due in, there were due this fall, more delays (I know remember last year being promised kits with de-milled receivers?) are possible; but they will beat any price currently being offered. Give CenterFireSystems a call, see what is shaking with their $199 parts kits (on backorder for 16 months now), it cannot hurt..............s
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Well, according to a post made by our contact at WiseLite, Richard Hamer, that entire shipment of Yugo M53 parts kits that have been in the pipeline for over a year now, was bought out IN TOTAL by one concern -- apparently to be used in the manufacture of the Century M53 semi-autos: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7499

So any signifigant sales of M53 parts kits by the usual retailers may now be over -- maybe for good.

I had intended to build at least six more propane-fired M53s for sale to reenactor friends. In this case, having no barrel in the kits didn't matter to me, except that selling the barrels would have allowed me to recoup some of the $199/kit that I was paying back then. Looks like I should have burdened the credit card a little harder than I did!

Looking back, buying those initial kits was one of the best things I've ever done. Not only did I get a great deal on some really super-nice kits, but my interest in them led me to this site, and to some of the best friends I have! :D :D :D :D

Now that's what I call a DEAL! :D

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

I jumped on the SARCO 299 kits when they had em.....wish I bought more.

Im currently trying to find a decent MG34 kit, but thats gone the way of 1.99 gas.....
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Same here on the '34 dream :(

The MG34, as I've opined so many times before (but still love to hear myself say it :D ) is simply a work of art. While my MG42 is utilitarian, and brutally efficient, I'm not inclined to lovingly drool over it's Kubelwagon-like lines.

Just the opposite for the MG34. My next vacation will be to Bil's house to spend a sunset afternoon just watching him spray a few thousand rounds thru his bedroom window as the UPS driver runs for his life. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ah . . . the poetry of it all. 8) 8)

GeeDeeEmm
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Ya got it all wrong,Garry-the UPS guy brings the good stuff-it's the Fed-Ex guy and the neighbors that all scatter!There is a 34 in the upstairs windor on an AA tripod,pointed down the driveway! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert