Anyone else see this one?

Anything MG42 related.
Franz 1796
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Anyone else see this one?

Post by Franz 1796 »

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =103110408

Where's the rest of the Century builds? Apparenly I'm not the only one that's getting tired of the wait time.
ScottD
Major
Major

Re: Anyone else see this one?

Post by ScottD »

Good Gawd. I live 30 minutes from that town. Weapons like that are unheard of up here, but that price is obscene. I cant wait until people start finding a way to sell their homebuilds. .....Ill start mine out for 10 grand! Screw the ATF. The money Ill make on the sale will more than cover my bail and legal fees. :?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
wiselitearms

Post by wiselitearms »

Franz 1796 wrote:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =103110408

Where's the rest of the Century builds? Apparenly I'm not the only one that's getting tired of the wait time.
From what we hear there a lot of these on back order from the distributors.
It will take some time to get all the orders filled.
Suprised to see that someone in upper New York State had two of these.
Century had this notice on their own web site along with the listing for the semi-auto M53::

*Not available for sale in NJ, MA, NY, CA, CT or where prohibited by law*

I don't know the reasoning for this, it is just what they stated.

Regards,
Richard C. Hamer
Factory Representative
Wise Lite Arms
Class II Manufacturer
07 FFL SOT
FAX: (940) 433-8096
SALES: sales@wlarms.com
INFORMATION: info@wlarms.com
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

There are a number of these in New York state that I'm aware of.

There's no reason NOT to ship them to NY, since they are clearly do not fall under NY's assault rifle ban.
FNG
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Lots of people get confused with New York City Laws. Up State NY law allows these to be bought & sold No restrictions
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

It appears those that were able to procure two of these were able to sell one, then keep one, and break even. I think the last one (before this one) that sold on GB went for around $4k.

SOG has them in their new flyer, I think they are now $2800 maybe $2900, I cannot remember. Either way they are almost 1/3 more expensive then they were, of course this was predicted because costs went way up for everyone involved.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

It all evens out-the dollar is worth less!! :shock: :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Abominog wrote:There are a number of these in New York state that I'm aware of.

There's no reason NOT to ship them to NY, since they are clearly do not fall under NY's assault rifle ban.
Lots of companies just dont want to deal ith the headache. Centerfire, Aim, and a few others wont sell magazines over ten rnds to us. (pre or post ban) Others get jacked on the fact that a belt fed weapon can technically feed from an 'endless' magazine and get scared from that too. It pisses me off and I cant imagine the volume of sales they are loosing, but I wouldnt want to deal with getting sued either.....
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

ScottD (and all) the important point is that according to NYS assault rifle ban, one of the mandatory bad elements is a "high cap magazine". NYS law clearly recognizes that a "feeding device" and "magazine" are not one in the same; since the SA42 does not feed from a magazine, it is not an assault rifle.
FNG
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

In theory, yes.....but Im not gonna test it with the local gestapo. My local sherriffs office went as far as to tell mr my C&R license is not valid here.....they tell people hollow points are banned and that all pistols have to be transported broken down and in a locked box. Sure, you and I know darn well that a MG42 falls outside our bans, but most other people dont. And its those guys with the shiny badges that scare me.....if they dont know the laws then I can underdstand why many companies wont even ship to us.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Nobody wants to be the person with “standing” to test the limits of the law (i.e., the poor guy being arrested, investigated, and prosecuted under the gray area). You may prove the state wrong, you may get your name famously in the title of a big gun court case after suffering 5-8 years while it travels through the New York State court system, OR you may just get screwed.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
fjruple
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by fjruple »

All--

The gun in its current form meets the definition of an assault weapon in NJ. The gun has more than two "evils."

--fjruple
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

Here is another recent WLA M53 that sold on GB:
http://www.gunsstore.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =100547456

Here is one the will be ending soon that is up there too on GB.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =104314883

I think the WLA M53’s are excellent investments much like the BRP MG42 semi’s.
I can see them going up so long as WLA’s maintains the quality and I think they will which is why they are so slowly trickling out. When I bought mine I didn’t know what to expect, but mine has run perfect out of the box and for a novice belt fed guy like me I couldn’t ask for more.

IMHO people who want them need to get on the waiting list and be patient, rather than paying double right now while they are still in production. But I do think once they are out of production (and they are limited) they will go up up and away mainly because they are and hopefully will remain of a known quality and turn key MG42 clone. Of course anything MG42 and the like will only be going up from here on out as we are seeing with kits.