Best Receiver For Dummy Gun

Anything MG42 related.
dcdefend
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Best Receiver For Dummy Gun

Post by dcdefend »

I recently purchased an M53 kit for purposes of making a dummy gun for display with my military uniform collection. After getting all the grease off and figuring out which parts I got and what I didn't, it appears that all I really need is a barrel busing and the rear receiver. The front part of the receiver I got allows the trunnion to fit properly, but will need to be cleaned up. I would like other members' suggestions as to what is the best way to go as far as the rear receiver. I called Philadelphia Ordnance and they are redoing theirs and it will be 3 to 6 months. The others I see are Wise Lite and Cold Steel Solutuons.

Thanks,

John
MG34Biker

Re: Best Receiver For Dummy Gun

Post by MG34Biker »

If you just want a top notch display, get the BRP rear receiver halves for $375.
jdepiero

Post by jdepiero »

Definitly go with the BRP. I got mine from BRP for a dummy I am working on and it is working out great. Plus the guys there are great help. (along with the guys on this forum) jd
dcdefend
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by dcdefend »

I forgot to put in my original post that I am not a metal working person myself, so would have to get someone else to do whatever welding or cutting that would be required. If this makes a difference. Thanks for the replies so far.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I would go with a cold steel receiver for a Dummy Build thats about what there good for :)
MG34Biker

Post by MG34Biker »

If you've got no metal skills, you might want to go with that dummy gun 1 pc rec woodco is selling in the EE. Welding and machine shops will charge you up to $65/hr to work on stuff, if you can even find one willing to touch gun stuff.

Get Woodco's rec, slap a Yugo Sarac 53 kit on it and call it good, all for under $750.
88comm
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by 88comm »

John - where are you located? Someone in your area might agree to meet you and help out with this project (me for example). Since it will be a dummy gun there are few (if any) liablilty issues and many of us like to help our own. I can weld and also machine. Your '42 can be pretty realistic AND safe.

Chris