mg42 on gunbroker

Anything MG42 related.
Pirate
General
General

mg42 on gunbroker

Post by Pirate »

I saw this auction, this is an accident waiting to happen, a welded receiver with fa grip and no mods. and great spelling!! :mrgreen:
http://www.forthehunt.com/Auction/ViewI ... m=90458739

also check out the rare swiss sniper rifle!!
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Re: mg42 on gunbroker

Post by sdk1968 »

oh my! and he did a crappy job at that....
say what you mean & mean what you say
TbcSEOD

Post by TbcSEOD »

Started at $3,500.00 :shock:

And just trying to read the description made my head hurt!

~T
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

And look at the post in Legalities-guy is convicted of 'illegal transfer of a machine gun' for having what was basically a defictive gun.I wonder what category this one would fall in? The guy could always plead ignorance.... ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

Auction is already closed. I guess somebody must have warned him?
ppsh41
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by ppsh41 »

Holly crap I sold that 3 cut to him :shock:
blackreichswehr
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blackreichswehr »

holly mother of things big and small, look at that grip stick for the whole world to see. somebody get the net.
sardo67

Post by sardo67 »

i have an MG34 that i might want to sell like this guy BUT IT WILL BE SEMI ONLY. how can i go about doing that? it will be from a reweld, is this even possible? if i sell it to some one across the united states it would have to go to a local FFL, anyone here do something like this before?
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

Bil wrote:And look at the post in Legalities-guy is convicted of 'illegal transfer of a machine gun' for having what was basically a defictive gun.I wonder what category this one would fall in? The guy could always plead ignorance.... ---bil
bil, he is ignorant. Note the title: "MG42 machine gun for sale" Translation: "BATF come arrest me".
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

sardo67 wrote:i have an MG34 that i might want to sell like this guy BUT IT WILL BE SEMI ONLY. how can i go about doing that? it will be from a reweld, is this even possible? if i sell it to some one across the united states it would have to go to a local FFL, anyone here do something like this before?
read this thread:
http://1919a4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13355
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by tony »

Just saw this one one ebay....
http://cgi.ebay.com/MG42-Stromtrooper-B ... dZViewItem

Must have been a real early import, only one cut?
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Look closer-there is no rear section,where the buffer attaches.There is also a piece missing in the camming area.It is really just a n53 kit with a chunk of receiver thrown in. :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by tony »

O.K. now I see. :oops: Did the Yugo's have orange bakelite grip panels? Looks to be missing lots of parts also incuding the barrel.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

It looks like what he says-parts you could use to make a star-wars tpye gun,or any other non-functioning gun similar to the 42.Actually,it is a pretty clever way do get rid of some extra stuff lying around.The buttstock looks good,most of the rest wouldn't be needed to make a blaster type gun-ie the internal pieces,I would sell the pieces seperately,make more money. ---bil
weasel_master
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by weasel_master »

Bil wrote:It looks like what he says-parts you could use to make a star-wars tpye gun,or any other non-functioning gun similar to the 42.Actually,it is a pretty clever way do get rid of some extra stuff lying around.The buttstock looks good,most of the rest wouldn't be needed to make a blaster type gun-ie the internal pieces,I would sell the pieces seperately,make more money. ---bil
Or a clever way to play around with the ebay rules.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: I like that idea better! ---bil
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

You guys like that one. It is all the left over stuff from my MG42 build. Most of the parts are Yugo stuff. The barrel shroud was too short for my wise lite receiver. The grips are the orange yugo and the stock was the old crappy black painted style that I stripped and refinished. The receiver section is from BRP. Its the best way to get rid of some of my stuff. I have already had two starwars guys that want to pay $400 for it. That is more than I payed for my kit.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Great idea-I see that Star-Wars stuff go for some big bucks,those guy must be wetting themselves over the idea of a REAL blaster!Look out,Luke Skywalker! :lol: ---bil
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

Ebay finaily wised up and pulled the auction. Too late I sold it for $400 to some star wars guy. Not bad for a pile of extra parts were no good for a build.
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
clintonlover

Post by clintonlover »

"ANYTHING YOU SEE IN THE PICTURE IS WHAT YOU GOT" Come on guys, it comes with a free Specialized mountain bike! Look at the third or fourth photograph.