Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Who buys this junk?

Post by Bil »

My grandson-4 months old.
Attachments
6-21-07 006.jpg
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Bil,

He's a winner :D

And he looks just like you.

Just be sure to follow the two cardinal rules for raising up a proper American:
1) Ween 'em on CocaCola;
2) Surround 'em with firearms.

Since you're a bonafide "evil man," I know you'll be doing both :lol:

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

how many of you guys --when you were young--built a model kit (tank,ship,plane) and then blow it up with fircrackers ? or maybe see how far the model plane will fly taped on one of those large bottle rockets?
ever built a HINDENBURG ??

waffen :)
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

my cousin had a cheap remote controlled car back in the late 70's. the kind that to turn it you needed to back up and it would only turn right. the thing basically sucked but it did have a remote controlled horn.
well we , and I'll take all the blame , stuffed a 1/4 stick into the car rigged with a model rocket engine igniter wired to the horn circuit.
So off down the road goes this little red plastic BMW coup , it gets about the distance 1-1/2 telephone poles are apart away , and we hit the horn button.
we put a little divot in the hot asphalt but never found the smallest piece of the car. :oops: :shock:
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

When I was a kid we used to do that stuff,my father would even join in.We learned lots of good stuff from him.Playing 'army'with him in the woods with toy 'burp guns',you pulled back a cocking handle and when you pulled the trigger it made a neat firing noise and a red plastic 'flame' came out of the barrel.Made by Mattel,I think,He did get mad when he caught me making hydrogen one time,I think one of the ingredients was lye! It was more fun back then,when you never worried about safety,and cars had no seatbelts and had those big metal dashboards! It makes you wonder how so many of us made it through! :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

I never had BB guns or firecrackers as a kid. Not a one. MY father didnt even let me have more than one plastic toy gun. But the one error he made was teaching me how to burn EVERYTHING. Dad was a engineer in 'Nam and I guess they burned everything over there. So, growing up as a kid while you guys were shooting your plastic soldiers, I was out in the woods burning them. Model airplanes? Wooohooo, I cant tell you how many Monogram 1:48 kits met their demise in a horrible runway attack when their drop tanks burst into flames.

One day I got my hands on a can of Butane. I had a Balsa model I had just finished.
( finished and crashed several times. Rubber powered balsa planes had this tendency) I pierced the tissue and dope skin of the plane ind 'injected' about 20 seconds of gas into her. One match and she went up like the friggen Hindenburg. Oh good times....
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

Speaking of blowing up little plastic army men, have any of you seen this? The first time I saw it I couldnt stop laughing. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wD5KjY5 ... ted&search

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fef1TdXg ... ed&search=
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Oh MAN! That is SO COOL! That's EXACTLY was was running through the minds of EVERY RED BLOODED AMERICAN boy with Army Men and a Sandbox! I still cheer when they throw the live mortar rounds!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

Very cool movies!!! Even if the sniper in the tower is shooting an M-16/AR-15.

TC
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That was great!! As DA said,that was exactly as we pictured.I remember my brothers and I even making the voices and sound effects.The plane on a string was great.It is amazing how much stuff is being filmed every day,good and bad.If we had this when we were kids,think of all the fun we would have missed out on-we could have just stayed inside and watched it on the computer! I think kids miss out so much today,someone else is haveing their fun for them,and they are just watching it! :( I am glad my kids and I weren't raised that way,and I will keep the tradition of destructive and creative play going. ---bil
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Kids today miss out on this kind of fun because they have video games. As a result, they never really develop imagination. We're raising a generation of unimaginative retards.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Unlike our generations,we were raised to imaginative ....Hey,wait a minute! :lol: ---bil
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Intruder196 wrote:Speaking of blowing up little plastic army men, have any of you seen this? The first time I saw it I couldnt stop laughing. Enjoy.

OMG, that was cool. That needs an emmy nomination. Or an oscar, or whatever crap they give out. Either way it was cool as hell......
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

thats funny

it looks like some people have too much time on their hands.

waffen :)
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

ScottD wrote:
Intruder196 wrote:Speaking of blowing up little plastic army men, have any of you seen this? The first time I saw it I couldnt stop laughing. Enjoy.

OMG, that was cool. That needs an emmy nomination. Or an oscar, or whatever crap they give out. Either way it was cool as hell......
I know. I really liked how they choreographed the little plastic men to the last battle in SPR. The "20MM" really cracked me up but my favorite was the "molotov cocktail" scene on the Marder watching the little guys melt into it.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Who-ever did that was pretty clever-did you notice the string pulling the guys on a paper? Look at how sometimes they 'pushed' them by taping backwards. ---bil
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

I tried thinking thru some of the logistics involved in a project like this -- like synching his explosions, gunfire, etc., with the movie soundtrack. Intense. The amount of true talent on utube is inspiring. I loved it. Two thumbs up!

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

That brought back some memories of childhood. I remember having the little plastic WWII soldiers and the "Guns of Navarone" giant plastic mountain fortress they came with. Fun times! :mrgreen:
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

Looks like someone else remembers them, too! 8) :lol:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Marx-Guns-of-Navaro ... dZViewItem
glassmountains
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by glassmountains »

I was born in 56 so I had all of the Marx Civil War, Alamo and WWII boxed playsets. We had a sandbox and would set up our opposing forces, Dad made us rubber band guns except these shot tire tube strips that you tied knots in to get more tension (velocity). We would shoot each others soldiers until the one left standing was the winner.

Blew up a lot of model airplanes with firecrackers. The trick was to have them airborne when they blew!

We had a rock water tank that was 20x 10 x 4. We would float our ship models on opposite ends then shoot them with BB guns. Whoever had the last ship floating was the winner. Then we would salvage them, repair them, and do it again!

Remember the Johnny Eagle series of toy guns? They actually shot plastic bullets and if you stuck a green stick'em cap on the back of the cartridge it would go "bang" as well. Great way to put an eye out, or so my mother claimed!

I had a lot of GI Joes and the "Rat Patrol" jeep w/pedestal mounted .50. Never tore them up they cost to much.

Got my class 3 when I turned 21 and bought an MG42 for 400.00. Been having fun with the real stuff ever since.

It's a developmental thing!