Receiver on ebay

Anything MG42 related.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Receiver on ebay

Post by longhorn109 »

Sorry guys it's in Italy and described as a metal detector found relic MG42. See the listing http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1

I thought I would ask for some pics incase there were some better parts for my relic MG42. Here they are:-

Just noticed he has put the pics on his listing as well. oh well

Its a shame you cannot have it as it would be ideal for parts
Attachments
Looks in good condition for a relic
Looks in good condition for a relic
No receiver markings.
No receiver markings.
DSCF1392.jpg
AH it's an M53, no front AA mount!
AH it's an M53, no front AA mount!
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Receiver on ebay

Post by Bil »

You guys get all the good stuff over there! Imagine finding this treasure in your back yard :shock: There is even a barrel with it-added bunus.This would go good with one of those $200 Yugo sets! :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

For that price somebody here should bid on it. Then have the guy cut it in half and send the rear section only. Im not sure if it meets ATF regulation, but without the front half its hardly a receiver. Oh well, cant hurt to imagine. I wont be the guy trying to bid on it however, cause Im always the guy who gets busted for everything. (The first prank I ever played as a kid, I got busted.......every little thing after that, I got busted. Needless to say I dont monkey with laws of this magnitude.)
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

I wish I was a highly compensated lawyer with attitude. I'd import this, make sure ATF catches it. According to Chief Nixon, it's a receiver or it's not. OK, let's see you make this go bang! And if you want it to be a machine gun, you have to make it go bang twice! Good luck!
FNG
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

That does not look like a dug up relic.
The bushing threads even look like they
have oil on them.
Then again, maybe they have special dirt
over there :lol:
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

LOL he is now selling Genuine WW2 MG42 butts with Yugo part numbers on them. :lol: I hope the people buying these know what they are getting and paying accordingly.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.