Wiselite or BRP receiver sections ?

Anything MG42 related.
ajmdreammg42
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Wiselite or BRP receiver sections ?

Post by ajmdreammg42 »

Anybody have recently contacted either Wiselte or BRP lately ? What happened to all the talk a few months ago about receivers/sections being made ? I was all ready to start deslagging all my kit and getting things together for about 6 MG42 builds then nothing !!! :( :( :(
wiselitearms

Re: Wiselite or BRP receiver sections ?

Post by wiselitearms »

Wise Lite Arms is making the receivers for use with the M53 manufacture.
These are done on a contract and the customer has not agreed to release any for public sale.
We have been able to offer the "barrel bushing repair sleeve", "charging handle guide plates", "semi-auto grip/FCG" and the "Receiver camming section stamping" through our retailers. For now that is all that we can offer. To be honest I expect the availability of those parts to be limited as they are used for the manufacturing of the M53.
tony
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Re: Wiselite or BRP receiver sections ?

Post by tony »

Last time I talked to BRP (about a month ago), they said that they are finishing up their subgun lines before any effort is made to the 42 receivers. Which is very understandable in a business sense. No problem here. He also stated that the 42 receivers are a lengthy process and give them time for a quality product. I'm just glad we have companies that are making the parts we need. No doubt money is to be made for someone who puts out a buildable receiver for those of us who have the 53 kits. I feel like a kid with a pocket full of cash waiting for the candy store to open :D , It's hard to wait, but it will pay off in the end. Just my 2 cents.