FAL or AR trigger group better?

Anything MG42 related.
ScottD
Major
Major

FAL or AR trigger group better?

Post by ScottD »

IM getting closer to building this thing! Gonna send the receiver out to get welded this week?

So, in most peoples opinions, what is the better trigger group, AR or FAL? Ive heard that the AR doesnt strike hard enough and the FAL group is considerably more complicated. Ive seen pre made semi pistol grips, are thay available for both trigger groups?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
M1 Tanker
Oberst
Oberst

Re: FAL or AR trigger group better?

Post by M1 Tanker »

I use the Beachbum grip with an unmodified AR FCG. Its worked for a year now with no problems.
MGW LLC

Post by MGW LLC »

Another +1 for the AR FCG. I use the uprated wolfe spring just because but a standard AR spring will pop 50's yugo hard primers just fine!

If anyone comes up and tells you different, they have built their gun wrong.
Keep Up The Fire

Post by Keep Up The Fire »

Got a wolff spring in my AR FCG and works great had to do alot of grinding here and there on the hammer and disconnect because it would hit the bolt extension on the top side and hammer would come down hard on the disconnect when the bolt would drag across the FCG would break the disconnect arm and the pin that holds the hammer in place, but got all of the combinations together now and have fired about 700rds without breakage on the FCG. I guess either or FCG will be good as long as they work for you. I will more or likely get a Fal FCG for a back up, then I will have both.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

ARGHHH! Doesnt this ALWAYS happen! I was ready to start this project and had all my money saved up........and then BLAMMO I blow the engine on my car. Somebody does NOT want me to own this weapon! Argh grumble moan!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Scott-was it you that had the tranny go about a month ago,or another'lucky' member.If it was you,I wouldn't be buying any lottery tickets either! Good luck with the car,the project will still be here. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Ive been rebuilding this 82 Camaro for the last 6 months. Havnt lost the tranny, YET, but the engine that I just blew I had put less than 100 miles on it since installing it! My poor MG42 parts kit just sits in the corner and stares at me like one of those pathetic fly ridden starving children in Africa.....

Yaeh yeah yeah, I know Im going to hell.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

ScottD wrote:Ive been rebuilding this 82 Camaro for the last 6 months. Havnt lost the tranny, YET, but the engine that I just blew I had put less than 100 miles on it since installing it! My poor MG42 parts kit just sits in the corner and stares at me like one of those pathetic fly ridden starving children in Africa.....

Yaeh yeah yeah, I know Im going to hell.
*waits for Angelina Jolie and Madonna to mudwrestle over who gets to adopt the MG-42* 8)

(Hey; at least you'll have some company! :lol: )
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

dagobert wrote:waits for Angelina Jolie and Madonna to mudwrestle over who gets
Now THAT is a mental picture I will cherish forever.......