Got my Yugo M53!!!!!!

Anything MG42 related.
swissgunner

Got my Yugo M53!!!!!!

Post by swissgunner »

I finally got it and shot it. And it was awesome. :nana:

But I notice that it fires "only" with 950 RPM. I have the light bolt so what parts else could cause this? Are there different types of recoil springs and what is the normal length of the spring? Or shoots the M53 generally slower?
Last edited by swissgunner on Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MGW LLC

Re: Got my Yugo M53!!!!!!

Post by MGW LLC »

ONLY 950 RPM....YOU SUCK!

Seriously, that is very very nice! You can try a heavier bolt with anti-bounce spring to lower your RPM.
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

How does one go about moving to Switzerland?

Congrats....thats a lot of brass piled up there!

RR
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

I take it that your M53/MG42 was never cut and has no "binding" of the moving-parts anywhere....correct (?).
What caliber are you using (?).....8x57mm or the 7.62x51mmNATO (?).

You can change the speed to faster or slower by the substitution of Parts.

For a slower speed....the "Heavy-Bolt" with anti-bounce-mech. and "correct" buffer-unit......will help slow it down..

For a faster speed........measure the length of your barrel-bearing and use the longer one which is 1.970" long if I remember correctly.
You can also measure the front hole-size in the Booster-Cup/"Nozzle" under your Flash-Hider ...... and substitute a slightly smaller size.

Regards, RichardS in MI, USA.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That is one seriously nice gun-congratulations! :D Are you still in the army there,or are you done with your service? You guys get such nice benefits when you leave. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Abominog
Major
Major

Post by Abominog »

Oh, to have missed the joys of buying one in torn pieces and rebuilding it as a semi-auto!
FNG
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

The post war MG42's were slowed down a bit (or atleast the German MG3's were). How the hell do you measure the ROF? Do you just load up a 1000 round belt and lay into it for a full minute? Well, you could do it on a smaller scale of course.
"The best argument against democracy is a
five-minute conversation with the average voter." Winston Churchill, 1874 – 1965.

"How fortunate for leaders that men do not think." Adolph Hitler
swissgunner

Post by swissgunner »

Thanks for the fast and usefuls answers.
Blanksguy wrote:I take it that your M53/MG42 was never cut and has no "binding" of the moving-parts anywhere....correct (?).
What caliber are you using (?).....8x57mm or the 7.62x51mmNATO (?).
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Yes, my M53 has never made a bad experience with a saw. I'm using the original 8x57mm and I want to incrase the ROF.
My cone hole is 11.5 in diameter and the bearing is 47.1mm long. I have read your posts about this
subject in the sticky section. So wich hole diameter is safe for 8mm ammo without risking excessive
wear on the gun? Can I go to 10.5 or is this only for .308?

Demontrooper wrote:The post war MG42's were slowed down a bit (or atleast the German MG3's were). How the hell do you measure the ROF? Do you just load up a 1000 round belt and lay into it for a full minute? Well, you could do it on a smaller scale of course.
And no Demontrooper I havn't run a 1000 round belt through my gun.(Not yet :peace: )
I messured the ROF with sound reccord and a pc programm for sound editing. I just determine the mean time between two sound peaks.

Regards from oversea
swissgunner
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

"I messured the ROF with sound reccord and a pc programm for sound editing. I just determine the mean time between two sound peaks."

Now I know how to measure the rate of fire. Does the weapon increase in ROF after a few rounds has cycled through, or is it fairly steady state after the first two rounds?
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Damn you Switzerland! Damn you! I hope you run out of Swiss Army knives and Swiss chocolate just for rubbing your 950 rpm in our American faces! And no more swiss cheese either!

Congrats on your new gun. How often do you come accross other full autos when you shoot? Thats gotta be great to show up on a range lugging one of those around. I know people look at me like IM the antichrist when I show up with my semi 1919.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
propos

Post by propos »

Ok, now all your K-31's belong us. We expect prompt shipping to a destination of our choice. And all the ammo too.
BTW, nice gun.
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

That looks like yugo ammo. I can see on every case it is bent on the top. It appears that the rear buffer needs to be re-adjusted, it is extracting cases too soon and they are hitting front of the opening. Every buffer is adjusted to each MG at the factory, if you mix them then you might have a problem like that. Like that I don't believe that you can rip 50 rounds without jamming. I will need to see a video before I believe you.

PS: I just blew up a picture to see the casings closer and I can see many damaged in the middle, you had major jamming issues where the casing got jammed between bolt and receiver, just admit it and i'll tell you whats wrong.
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

IneedHelp wrote:ONLY 950 RPM....YOU SUCK!

Seriously, that is very very nice! You can try a heavier bolt with anti-bounce spring to lower your RPM.
Thats not his issue. He had major jamming issues not firing issues.
propos

Post by propos »

BTW, that wouldn't happen to be BAR next to the ammo can, would it? How's that thing run for you. I'm moving to Switzerland.
swissgunner

Post by swissgunner »

hakentt, yes there are about fifty yugo ammo brasses on the top and the big rest are FN tracers and yes I have also noticed that every case is bent on the top but it isn't as bad as you suggest. Over 1000 rounds I had 3 jamms. One of them with a round between bolt and barrel. So how can I adjuste the buffer? Have I to screw back the buffer until it extract correctly?

At the end as I shot the yugo ammo I had several missfires so I checked the firing pin and noticed that a little bit is broken of on the top. :cry:
swissgunner

Post by swissgunner »

Before you all move to Switzerland I have to make something clear. When I compare the gunlaws of Switzerland and the USA refering to full autos. It is much easier and much much cheaper to buy or importing every full auto you want in Switzerland. But here comes the big but: Once you have a full auto you guys in the USA are on the better side because in Switzerland you need a permit to shoot full autos. That means there are only a few events in year where you can shoot your full autos. And last saturday was such an event with a lot full autos on place.

So think about it whats better to barely get a full auto, but shoot if you want or
easy get one ore more but barely shoot them.

propos, the BAR is one of my greatest weapons I just love the slow "boom boom boom".

bolex, my method to determine the ROF isn't that exact, so I couldn't find out a significant speed up.

Here some pictures of a shooting range wich is a real bullet trap and perfect for FA guns.:
Attachments
Range2.jpg
Range1.jpg
Last edited by swissgunner on Thu May 31, 2007 4:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

I wonder how hard it would be ..........if one decided to move there ..........too bring along guns they already owned in the USA? Not all of them would be full autos. But just any gun or parts.

RR
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

:lol: Swissgunner,
anyone who shoots over THAT backstop by accident REALLY doesn't need to be playing with guns in the first place! :lol: (Beautiful country, BTW)
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

i blew up your picture 800% to try to see what hakenett was seeing 8) .
all i saw was dented case necks , which are typical of a MG42 thats working right. the ejection causes the neck of the case to hit the gripstick and dent.

and yes I'm jealous
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
propos

Post by propos »

Now that's a backstop! I'd like to have that in my backyard. Man, I could step out onto my back porch, give an old yodel-layheehoo, and start shooting. :D