Pics of the mock-up

Anything MG42 related.
ScottD
Major
Major

Pics of the mock-up

Post by ScottD »

Well, here goes. Im gonna try and post pics of my build, mocked up on my armory (spare bedroom) floor. These pics will keep me motivated to continue with the build. How do you guys think she will turn out?

My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Holy cow that actually worked!
artech

Post by artech »

Very nice! Two questions- what did you use to refinish the stock and what type of bipod is that? What's the gizmo under the latch for?
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

The stock was chemically stripped and then finished in a semi gloss urethane. The bipod is stock, it just fits in the same place the AA mount does. What do you mean 'all that stuff' under the latch" Nothing but the feed tray and related parts....
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by waffendude »

looks great ---i really like the wood buttstock
very nice weapon--i hope it turns out ok-i think it will--if you built the 19 in the backround ---then your smart enough to finish the 42.
btw its a good looking 19

waffen :)
propos

Post by propos »

Looks like a flashlight under the panel-less gripstick. Am I right and do I get the prize? It looks like you are on your way to having a real nice addition to your armory. Another example of a guy who perseveres and gets the job done. Nice job on the buttstock too.
A bit of trivia. The location of the bipod on your gun reminds of the scene in " The Great Escape" where the Germans executed the recaptured POWs. The bipod on the MG42 was in that position.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Let me tell you about that 1919 build..........easiest build of my life. So far Ive built AR's, G3's, a FAL, a semi sten, a few AK's and the 1919. I sent the internals out get milled. All I had to do was drill the right side plate and mash the rivets. The gun functions flawlessly. (A working military knowledge of the Browning M2 helped quite a bit, but nontheless a EASY build.)

The A6 conversion is pretty impractical, that buttstock sucks, but the gun looks evil as all hell set up with it. I made the Tripod from a modified MG42 AA mount. I never imagined in a million years that Id own a MG42, so now I gotta see if I can retro fit the mount again. (not likely) The ammo can holder is the total extent of my welding skills. (needless to say Ill be sending the '42 out for weld!)