Did I hose myself or what?

Anything MG42 related.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Did I hose myself or what?

Post by ChrisPCook »

Give me your opinions please....figured I wanted this one real bad, so I got it.....
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=45886063
Thanks for your feedback, Chris..... :D
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

I was looking at this kit. It looks to me like someone rewelded it as a full auto and then cut it up again. Note that the back is not cut! He is also not showing the front of the gun! I hope for your sake the front is still attached. It will make everything a lot easier if you only have to reweld the two middle sections. Also note that its seems to be saw cut but has the finish removed from all the "normal" cut areas.

As for price, with the way they are going right now, who knows. Its not the worst I have seen by far! Good luck with it and let us know how it is when you get it.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

No,

I think you did just fine. Parts look to be in great shape, and the saw cut is a big plus. You will need new rails and rivets but theyre easy to get and cheap.
Smooth is Fast
88comm
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by 88comm »

I hope this isn't the case, but it looks like you got one of the last really good deals. Parts look beautiful, you got the 8mm which is now the hard one to find. I think you did real well.
gtbehary

Post by gtbehary »

I think you got a great deal! If I didn't have an extra kit, I would buy one of the other three that he has posted for the same price!
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

MG 42 kit

Post by ChrisPCook »

Thanks guys, sounds like I did ok, confirmed with the buyer that the front end was in good shape, so I should be in great shape, I guess I'll buy some rails and rivets, get some mods done, and buy a buttstock. Life will be good! Chris....
none123

Post by none123 »

the way prices are right now i think you got a great deal................
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

hell with recievers doin 1200 alone, you got a great deal
:D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
DrSmeller

Post by DrSmeller »

The parts look like they're in great condition. The barrel is new and 8mm. I'm just surprised Tom said receivers are going for $1,200 alone. That's a 3 cut receiver Tom for $1,200 or is it because it's saw cut?
Sevo
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Sevo »

what about the metal plate that is welded into the rails.. will that be easy to take off.