President Obama

Discussions of political and gun issues.
man_am_boden
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

President Obama

Post by man_am_boden »

Well i guess ill post it. He is are next President for better or worse. Lets hope the economy keeps him busy enough to lay of his hatred for guns. I also saw that the house gained some extra Dems. today as well.
Semper Fi
Tyler
centerx

Re: President Obama

Post by centerx »

I'll try to keep my sense of humor for the next four years. Maybe the new catch phrase will be "It's Obama's fault".
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I'm trying to swallow the bile in my throat.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
centerx

Post by centerx »

NO, NO , NO!!! Don't swallow it. Cough it up and use it to coat the next "Obama for President" sign.

Sorry, knee-jerk reaction. Soon as I wake up in four years from this nightmare I'll be okay.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

There is talk of Obama requiring all pistols be registered now. HELL NO. Aside from my MG's, my guns will NOT be submitted for registration.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

To paraphrase the old saying-'when guns are outlawed,those with guns will be outlaws' I hope that law abiding citizens decide this would be a good law to ignore.I am sure that the new government be breaking plenty.Once the guns are gone,they won't be back.Just look at England and Australia.There needs to be stashes all over the country.Another thing I have thought about is the internet.I am sure the powers that be check in on these site now and then,and it would be easy for them to find out who has what.And the gun community can keep in touch through the net.But if a major effort was launched to take the guns,how many of us even know who the rest of us are? If the net was taken down,how do we keep in touch? It is a good idea to keep contact info in another spot,not the computer,for use if needed.Even our actions to date,which are perfectly legal now,could become illegal later.It would be prudent to be prepared. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
man_am_boden
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by man_am_boden »

That is true, if needs be i will store my guns and wait till i need to use them but i would be more then willing to lend you guys my info in return for yours in order to keep intouch if it need be.
Semper Fi
Tyler
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

To be honest...I think he has got his hands really really full with much higher priorities right now.

The only gun thing I heard about him was that 500% tax on guns and ammo...but I am not sure when he said that, so I wasn't sure if that was old propaganda, etc.

but during the campaign, I thought I heard him say he wasn't bucking the system in regards to gun control, etc.

As for registering handguns...I don't know the merit in that...didn't DC recently have to recend their ban on handguns?

That was a great win for the NRA.

but what could change things if we get some other lunatics going around shooting people and then all the negative stuff comes up and then they want to hound legal gun owners.

I think if Obama just starts talking about gun control and we are in a recession and all the other 'sh*t' we are in...I definatly think people would say he is way off course and needs to adjust his priorities.

I know, I might be naive, but I have been following the campaign and haven't heard any loud drum beats from him regarding gun control, etc