Omaha

Discussions of political and gun issues.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Omaha

Post by Bil »

Just saw the story on the wire-Omaha mall shooting.These things just keep on happening-I really don't know what the answer is.I know the one in Utah [??] was stopped by an armed off-duty cop.As long as there are disturbed peopole ,this will continue,but it makes it bad for all legitimate gun owners.Which makes it bad for all in the long run.My prayers are with the victims and their families. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
tomcatshaas
General
General

Re: Omaha

Post by tomcatshaas »

Bil wrote:Just saw the story on the wire-Omaha mall shooting.These things just keep on happening-I really don't know what the answer is.I know the one in Utah [??] was stopped by an armed off-duty cop.As long as there are disturbed peopole ,this will continue,but it makes it bad for all legitimate gun owners.Which makes it bad for all in the long run.My prayers are with the victims and their families. ---bil
I think they should be stopped by armed off-duty citizens
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Concealed carry-you never know who is armed.I think it would deter much crime.There have been some cases brought recently [unsucessful so far] where people are claiming the right to self-defense is being abridged by the so-called 'gun-free' zones.Like a sign is going to stop anything.I really wonder about the thought process and sense of reality involved in that concept. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Amen to that, TC.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Gun Free Zones.

OK, let's see. There are people who carry guns with CCLs with the intent of protecting themselves and others. These folks obey the law, even to the extent of obtaining a CCL to exercise a right that is already guaranteed them under the constitution.

Then there are those who are criminally-minded and who carry with intent to purposefully harm or kill other people.

I wonder which one will observe the Gun Free Zones? Hmmmmm...... 8) 8) 8)

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

gdmoore28 wrote: These folks obey the law, even to the extent of obtaining a CCL to exercise a right that is already guaranteed them under the constitution.
GeeDeeEmm
To be clear the SCOTUS has stated there is no constitutional right to concealed carry.
It was the intent of the framers to have universal open carry, "keep and bear" while concealed was considered the act of a criminal. I can't remember if the decision or the case had anything to do with having the right to carry concealed if your right to open carry was illegal.
I would guess if they were to answer that question, it would be your right to open carry can't be abridged over you can swap it for concealed carry.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Open carry is fine,I can deal with that!!It takes away the mystery-does he or doesn't he? I see where some students are protesting by wearing empty holsters-keep em guessing.I am glad to see some real interest on campuses about this,instead of the usual non-issues we have grown used to.Maybe there is some hope for us yet. ---bil