FOR SALE ON EBAN --MG42 Receiver, Camming Section, Shroud

Look here for sites to buy or sell something? Found a good deal or something on the web you want to share? Put it here.
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

FOR SALE ON EBAN --MG42 Receiver, Camming Section, Shroud

Post by gdmoore28 »

I don't know how this had made it this far on eBan, but here is a near-complete receiver, missing only the barrel bushing.

This is NOT mine; I just ran across it on eBay, and at this time it was only $250. Looks like it might be a deal if it lasts to the end -- be sure to immediately write to the seller in case it gets cancelled.

http://cgi.ebay.com/MG42-Dummy-Reciever ... dZViewItem

GeeDeeEmm
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

I believe that is an old member here that did a few people VERY wrong
on some rcvr work. THe pictures are intentionally taken at a 40ft. distance.
Don't you just love the "you get what you see", but yet you can't see it at all ?!?
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

count on cutting the thing back apart at a MINIMUM.

If you don't take any other advice i ever give take this -
that guy is someone you don't want to deal with
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I see this is our friend from Nederland,TX.In his feedback section there is good stuff from people whose names match up to people on this board.I am not sure how this works,have any of our guys really had a good experience with him? or can he just put in fake kudos? Any time I have seen him I also see big warnings.So for the one and only time,I will follow DI's advice!I would like to know if the matching names are really the guys from here-I have dealt with several of them,2 good,1 not so good.Thanks for the heads-up,DI! :D ---bil
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Well, score one for the good guys! It got sold before it got pulled (damned thing was so difficult to find anyways), but it beat the system :D . Somebody is happy out there, and at $535, *maybe* a little pricey, but if they are lucky then they can weld on the barrel bushing and rock 'n roll. With a parts set it would still cost over 1k, but at least they saved on some welding (maybe :) ).
MGW LLC

Post by MGW LLC »

Whoever bought that.....GOOD LUCK!

Your gonna need it. :shock:

That looked like a train wreck in slow motion.
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

its going to need more than just a barrel bushing the front 6" of the shroud is gone. not a real big hairy deal if you have a should to graft on and then do the barrel bearing.

bil , I'm not saying you can't get a fair deal from this guy , just the decks stacked against you. i suspect most of the positive ratings are either not knowing you got trash or not wanting your feedback trashed in response.
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

What really kills me about this is all his Ebay feedback (except for one) since Feb 18 is for Machine Gun parts! I gave up looking for MG42 or MG34 stuff on ebay because they kept pulling stuff I had bid on. How does this guy get away with it?
I recently started selling some of my gun collection on gunbroker due to Eban.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

You are better off,this way you are not giving a profit to an organization that works counter to your beleifs.It is time we all started to vote with our wallets. ---bil