receiver welding service

Need something to start or finish a project? Here ya go.
pdstout

receiver welding service

Post by pdstout »

Hello guys,
My name is Philip Stout most guys call me by my nick name (Pete) .

The welding I can do is for the 3 and 4 cut receivers. I can only take them so far. The welds will be finished, cocking handle fitted, buffer fitted, top cover and feed tray fitted,and it will be ready to be completed by the owner into a dummy or a semi. NO FULL AUTO fire control parts will fit.
I can not put the rails or cam piece on. I will extend the grip slot, and drill the bolt stop hole. I can also tack in a bolt stop that the final builder will have to remove. Thus making it 80%. The cost for the welding is:
$400.00 for 3 cut receivers,and
$450.00 for 4 cut.
If anyone needs any more information please email me at philipstout@hotmail.com
Thanks, P. Stout (Pete) 07FFL/SOT

(edited, moved and reposted by drooling idiot)
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

As soon as I sell a pistol I don't need anymore (Glock 19) then I'll be contacting you to weld up my 3 cut receiver... WOO!! Can't wait!

(Or maybe you'd consider a trade?) ;) Worth a try.. :)
~Matt
IMBLITZVT
General
General

Post by IMBLITZVT »

Email sent from phiteshe@vt.edu. Please let me know if you do not get it!

Thanks!
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

Pete i think your going to be a very busy man.
added you to the vendor review section.
http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/viewt ... 3206#23206
"good , bad, .....I'm the man with the gun."

Its amazing anything works right around here with a bunch of
over-age juvenile delinquents running the place.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Der Stahlhelm

Post by Der Stahlhelm »

email sent ........... thanks
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

Have you submitted an "80%" receiver to ATF for classification? I'm just curious as to how tacking a bolt stop in makes it 80%. Seems like there is very little work required to make a receiver out of this 80%

Or are you transferring these through an FFL?

Just curious, dont want to ruin anyones parade, but ATF problems is the last thing anyone needs.
robertmcw

Post by robertmcw »

I sent one in for rewelding and had to send it back for some tweaking. After I get it back, I will take some pictures of it on the tripod with some strings down the middle and the sides to show off Pete's quality of work.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

there are no rails in it so not functioning, also the grip slot gets elongated so fa grip won't just drop in, just a few items as I understand it
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

It's ATF's determination as to what constitutes a firearm. Sure the rails aren't installed so the gun cant function. That doesnt mean it isnt easily converted to a working firearm.

An AK receiver with the trigger pin holes filled with weld is still probably an FFL item. The amount of work to turn the item into a functioning firearm matters.

Not trying to interfere with anyones doing, i just would like everyone involved to take a look at what they are doing and maybe submit a sample to ATF. would hate to see anyone go to jail for selling firearms across state lines, or otherwise just have a general hassle with atf

Because as I see it, putting in the rails is easy and removing a tack weld on a bolt stop is easy too.

Just my 2 cents
pdstout

80% Receiver

Post by pdstout »

Rails Easy? I wish I could do them easy. It takes me about 3 or 4 hours from start to finish.
The Trunion is not set. It has to be fitted. That is the heart of the receiver. There is no Barrel return. It has to be fitted. The grip slot has been cut out. No full auto parts will fit.
There is still alot of work left to do, to build a firing SA42.
It would be hard to say how long it would take to build a SA42 from the 80% receiver. I have never built one. I have built several full auto post samples. It takes at least 50 or 60 hard hours from start to finish.
What is a firearm? You can put a shotgun shell in a pipe and fire it. Is that a firearm?
I do not want to get in to trouble, or anyone else.
There is LOTS of work to do to a 80% receiver, other than rails and tack weld removal.
P. Stout 07FFL/SOT
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

Rails didnt take me long. Just pop the backer in there, bolt it in, rivet with the tig torch one at a time. you could even weld them in faster.

no barrel return? whats that? the recouperator?

what is involved in setting the trunion? All i had to do was shave the receiver down some to get it to fit.

We are talking about the receiver. Just what the receiver itsself needs to be considered a firearm. Semi auto mods like the bolt and gripstick don't figure into this. If they did, then every AK receiver would be an 80%, as the rest of the firearm is relatively tough to construct.

Im just sayin, stay safe and cover yourself so you dont have to mess with ATF. The gun does NOT have to fire to be considered a firearm. The receiver is considered the firearm.

Keep up the good work.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

well striker look at it this way brp corp was selling recievers 80% that were new made ready to go all you had to do is knock out a piece of tin tacked at the ejector port and install the rails and you were good to go so this is the same amount or more work to get running, i am sure stout has thought this through since it is his manufacturers license on the line if he is wrong :)

nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

I hope he has. The BRP is a different receiver though, they use, i am assuming, a different bolt block. It shouldnt matter, but its the ATF.

And no offense to anyone, but jjust having an FFL/SOT does not mean one knows the laws. Look at Scott Cousino over on 1919, he cant even figure out what the trigger of a firearm is.

I know he has probably thought it through, just wanting everyone to be safe from the govt.

I do love your work stout, nice welds
robertmcw

Post by robertmcw »

Thank you Demon, took the bla right out of my mouth. :D
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

striker754
you've said your piece and got your answers, its time to let it go.

edited by drooling idiot
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Pete, what can you do with a complete receiver missing the cam peice? Can you fabricate that and what is the charge? I think that lately the new world of receivers will be mostly missing the cam sections. If I fabricate one (with correct dimesions etc) will you weld it on? I think now the gun will be a 5 cut...
I'm asking this question here because I think alot of us late comers are going to be in the same boat as I am.
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

your missing a cam piece ?

or do you mean the rear buffer section of the receiver ?

none123

Post by none123 »

drooling idiot wrote:your missing a cam piece ?
or do you mean the rear buffer section of the receiver ?
I'm 99% sure he is missing the cam section of the receiver. IIRC all he has a M53 barrel shroud and a IMA rear
drooling idiot
General
General

Post by drooling idiot »

ah, now i see .... says the blind man.