MG.34 gunners foot print.

Post your pics here.
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

MG.34 gunners foot print.

Post by Damien Horn »

I tried my best with these 2 pictures and hope you can see what I'm talking about. Every now and again its possible to see the foot prints made by German soldiers who walked across concrete that had not totally set. Just as something different I took these pictures this morning to show that even good old German concrete can tell a story. You can see the heel print in the first picture and then the stud marks in the secod. There are about 12 of these footprints coming from a mg position and ending up on the sea wall (Hilters Atlantic Wall), I will be posting some more Jersey pictures shortly.
Attachments
museum apr  2007 047.jpg
museum apr 2007 047.jpg (1.54 MiB) Viewed 3724 times
museum apr  2007 048.jpg
museum apr 2007 048.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 3728 times
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Ah cool! Now, those are some pretty cool fossils ha ha...
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

Very cool! I would love to visit there and see all these bunkers, fortifications and postitions. That would be very cool.

Thanks for taking the time to post them.

RR
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Damien Horn »

If a whole bunch of you guys want to come over here, then I am sure I could organise an interesting week for you. Jersey is a lovely place to visit when the weather is good, but then who cares what its like when you out looking at bunkers etc.
Colorado1919
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Colorado1919 »

That's a great connection to history.
Happiness is a WARM beltfed.

"I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I always was." Toby Keith

Live to shoot, shoot to live.

Belt-feeders does not = bottom-feeders.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Damien, I'll keep you in mind when I'm in need of a few days away. Getting to London, Amsterdam, or Paris isn't a problem - are there short flights from one of those cities to the islands, or is London and then a ferry the best way? I'd certainly have to stop by my friend's place in Netherlands while I'm in the area. He's near the southern border, but it's the first three thousand miles that matter. The last one or two hundred are irrelevant.

And just to make you guys drool a lot - I fly for free. My wife is a flight attendant, so anywhere the airline goes, I'm able to get there for free.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Damien Horn »

Hi John,
You can fly from London without any trouble, from Paris/Amsterdam should be ok as well as I have done both myself although not totally sure what the state of play is at this time. London is not a problem at all. If you do decide to pop over let me know so I can plan for your visit.
All the best,
Damien.