FG-42

Post your pics here.
haseo8up
Leutnant
Leutnant

FG-42

Post by haseo8up »

Seen this browsing on gunbroker yesterday. It is the first time I have ever seen one for sale. Out of country though but still nice to see one up close.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=56795818
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

Geez.. Looks like he was browsing through US C&R prices of those things before he priced his.. For something that's not importable to this country he's asking alot...
~Matt
robertmcw

Post by robertmcw »

Interesting how it wound up in Argentina. I understand a lot of Nazis went there after the war............
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

I'd bet this is the guy written about on some other gun boards.... he can't wait for you to wire him your deposit so he can disappear. A few guys even went to Argentina, but the seller never shows. Scam alert!!!!!

For not much more than that price (relatively speaking), you can get one that's papered here and transferable.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

The guy from Argentina is a KNOWN SCAMMER. All he has are some digitized photos of a FG-42, he gun of which he has "sold" to at least one other buyer thus far. There are other collector boards that discuss this seller at length.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Intruder196
Major
Major

Post by Intruder196 »

Could be this guy.

http://www.gunboards.com/forums/topic.a ... C_ID=84729

Some guy in Canada got scammed this way over a Type 2 FG42. Apparently there is some guy in Argentina that lifts photos from the net of high priced class 3 stuff and posts fraudulent WTS ads.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Yup... Thar's the guy. Probably the same guy whose advertizing this FG-42. Maybe the law wil catch up with him before he rips anyone else off.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Oh that is too bad; if I could, I would definatly buy it at that price. I knew that something was fishy when I saw it for only $40,000.
Last edited by Demontrooper on Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
PvtJoker

Post by PvtJoker »

8) Sounds more like an FG-419 to me! :lol:
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

dagobert wrote:8) Sounds more like an FG-419 to me! :lol:
Hey now. My Nigerian friend is wiring the money to me and then I will be able to buy this gun!
Cruiser133

Post by Cruiser133 »

If he actually takes somebody at that amount, the feds will be more likely to get involved, what a turd....
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Feds get involved? Over a gun swindle? not likely. They can't stop the tons of drugs coming into this country, they sure aren't going to worry about someone trying to import an otherwise illegal gun (unregistered MG) from Argentina.

And since the "crime" occurs in Argentina, all the seller has to do is give an Argentine official a thousand dollars, and they don't know nuthin', didn't see anything, don't know what you're talking about, and you better go home before you have an accident, gringo. You're visa has been withdrawn, buh-bye!
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

That about sums it up, John!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

Well, at least we are not the ones getting suckered like this. Sometimes I actually feel grateful that I know you men the way I do. But most of the time I don't :D . Ha ha, ok bad joke.....