full length main spring conversion

The #1 place for MG42 answers.
PvtJoker

Re: full length main spring conversion

Post by PvtJoker »

I think everyone backed off it to give MGW LLC a chance to get his new spring project ironed out. It would certainnly be a LOT easier than having to do all the machine work to the buffer that this one was going to take, and I think MGW LLC is having some progress on the subject. :mrgreen:
boss429
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by boss429 »

I did a Conversion that had MUCH less machine work than the missing pictures version I'll post a link to a pictoral tutorial when I can get unbusy. Making a "kit" sounds like a nightmare-as you probably know these MG42 parts don't all fit up just right and most parts are interchANGABLE with fitting required and the buttstock has to have a precision hole bored in it,etc... it's not just a drop in conversion.

I hope someone does a kit though it shure is sweet to have factory spring travel-just one less thing to fool with. I did replace my original spring with a new MG3 spring from one of those field repair kits and that solved a lot of function problems.
DONT TREAD ON ME
Blademaster

Post by Blademaster »

I would love to have one of these kits if this person ever makes them. It is like everything else on this mod in that nothing fits the first time and very little is really interchangeable. All of the parts have to be hand fitted. At leat they did on mine. Maybe some got away with not doing that but that "was not" the case in mine. But I guess that is part of the challenge.
Blademaster
rocky

Post by rocky »

found some pics and will be looking for drawing and specs.
Attachments
mg42 stock mod 002.jpg
mg42 stock mod 001.jpg
boss429
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by boss429 »

Here's a tutorial(more of an outline) that and advanced builder should be able to follow to get full length spring.This conversion still requires machine work and welding but much less than other conversions I've seen. Another thing I like about it is the buttstock and buffer/ spring housing comes off as an assembly.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res1yioa/id5.html
DONT TREAD ON ME