New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

reciever dates and codes

The #1 place for MG42 answers.
searchandfind
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Re: reciever dates and codes

Postby searchandfind » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:26 am

Hello, here is my small receiver study as a pdf-file. I will update the file in a while because I found some new info, for example the latest known Gustloff MG42 SM svq 1668k! Myrvang has listed the number 555k as the latest known. And the latest known Mauser MG42 is now the MG42 DD df 6001e.

Best regards,
Christian Kada
Attachments
MG42_receiverstudy_nov2009.pdf
(984.36 KiB) Downloaded 290 times

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Postby 42rocker » Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:10 am

Hi Christian
Thanks for the update and looking forward to any other info that you are willing to share with us.

Thanks for the email and Good Luck with your studies at the University.

Later 42rocker

352pi
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Postby 352pi » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:52 pm

bnz wrote:Yes, this is great work you are doing Christian. I try to save every MG42 receiver picture I come across so I can compare and make sense of variations. I don't have way of hosting pictures otherwise I would have posted some examples.

Have you noticed many early CRA receivers have a little piece of metal welded on barrel change door near rear sight? It looks to serve purpose of keeping rear sight retaining pin from coming out. It seems to only be on early CRA receivers so I don't think it is a field modification.

BNZ

my dfb mu marked recevier also has this "tab" everybody that sees it always says they have never seen that tab on any other 42
my other account don't work this is fourfifths1911

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 42rocker » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:07 am

That tab is not common. I believe that I only have two receiver doors with them. They were only put on during two of the shifts or periods. Keeps the rear sight pin from falling out.

Later 42rocker

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Postby 42rocker » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:57 pm

An old thread with lots of great info. Kada's website seems to be down at this time. Hope that it gets back up again.

Having said that you folks might want to download the pdf and save it.

Later 42rocker

Return to “MG42 Stickies Section”