Reproduction MG42 Wooden Stock

The #1 place for MG42 answers.
easymoney
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier
Anti-spam: Mg42

Reproduction MG42 Wooden Stock

Post by easymoney »

I recently saw a reproduction MG42 stock in natural wood color for like $49.99. It was not on a regular MG parts site but rather on more of a military collectors page. I did not bookmark the page and now I cannot find the site. Does anyone out there know where this site might have been?

Thanks

Bob
usmc8488
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: Reproduction MG42 Wooden Stock

Post by usmc8488 »

easymoney
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Post by easymoney »

Yes, that looks like it but not the site I was looking for. I try to avoid ebay ever since they banned me from selling reproduction cloth bags to go in the stock of an MP44 to contain spare parts. They banned me because they said CA laws considered this a machine gun part. The guy (and many others) who has the stock just have not been caught yet by the ebay police. Thanks. I will consider it if I cannot find anything else.

Bob
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I had ebay delete my ad for the English translation of a German manual that I bought on Germany's ebay, from a German. They said it was an item that was banned by Germany, and therefore wasn't allowed on the US ebay either.

I sent the support guy the ad showing that I bought it from Germany, and that obviously, the Germans didn't have any problem with it. I relisted it and they left it alone, but it just goes to show how ignorant ebay is of their own business.

I also had an ad removed for the steel tube that a spare recoil spring goes into, because it was a part for an MG42, which is a machinegun banned in California, although for some reason, had it been a storage tube for an MG34, the guy said it would be OK. Dealing with that was about as stupid as if they banned an empty ammo box (which they didn't do, but just saying).

Ebay has relaxed a little, as is obvious by the fact that they're letting people sell MG 34 and 42 barrels on there, so long as you don't say the word barrel. And for that, they make 10%.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
easymoney
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Post by easymoney »

I had a lady sewing little parts bags that fit in the butt stock of a MP44. Just a little cloth bag with a tie string at the top. And, they said that was a machine gun part. They also said I could relist if I took the MP44 out of the advertisement. I agree - they are stupid and the only problem with them is getting caught. People sell all kinds of stuff that they finally ban when they realize what is for sale.

Any idea about the stock?
easymoney
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Post by easymoney »

Forgot to ask. If I get the stock as advertised on ebay and use the metal parts from my M53 stock, will it work ok?
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I would expect that the cup and bolt will fit the reproduction stock. The MG42 armorers manual describes how to do the wire wrap if you're interested in doing that, but with normal use (no combat abuse), I'd expect that the stock will last a long time.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com