Help Needed to Fire without Trigger Group

The #1 place for MG42 answers.
MG42AUSTRALIA

Help Needed to Fire without Trigger Group

Post by MG42AUSTRALIA »

I need to prove that it is possible to make the MG42 fire with the trigger group removed. This would make the MG42 trigger groups legal to own in QLD. By pulling the charging handle back, it may be possible to release the charging handle forward quickly enough to have the gun fire. The charging handle would need to be moved to the fully forward position to keep if from interfering with the bolt movement. I am guessing that If the MG42 was mounted on a vehicle mount or AA tripod etc. and had one person to operate the cocking handle to fire and some one to hold the buttstock to sight it, this would happen "adapted, is capable of being aimed at a target and causing death or injury by discharging –(i) A projectile" If it could do this with out the trigger group, than the trigger group could not be defined as a "Major component part". The anti Gun lobby in the Queensland Police Service would all have a cry. Please help me !! If you could test the MG42 for me and them give me a sworn statement, please e-mail me at "virago0_18@internode.on.net" Please Help fight them!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Help Needed to Fire without Trigger Group

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

If the cartridges have soft primers and if the bolt has enough momentum left in it while dragging the cocking mechanism forward could the MG-42 fire without the trigger group. This would be dangerous, because if the bolt were not fully locked, the results would be catastrophic. I would not advise trying it.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Considering that the firing pin can't hit the primer unless the bolt is fully locked, and that it wouldn't have enough momentum to bounce, it is most certainly possible to fire the MG42 without the trigger group being mounted.

I'd suggest trying it with a shell which has a primer only (no powder or bullet), and if it fires the primer on the first shot, it's a go for making a movie of it firing 10 shots without the trigger group in the gun.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Sounds like an interesting project for someone that has a FA. I don't think that MG42AUSTRALIA has one that he can test on and is hoping that someone else can try this for him.

Anyone? Sorry I can't help you as I'm semi auto only.

Good Luck in the project.

Later 42rocker
MG42AUSTRALIA

Post by MG42AUSTRALIA »

No there are no MG42's in Australia to test. I am sure that the theory is correct so if someone could test it, that would be much appreciated. It only needs to fire one shot to prove the point, but a burst of auto would add shock and awe to my case. If some one was able to try this and than give me a sworn statement, I could then use it as evidence, making a movie of it would be outstanding! :cross: I need this before the 24th of FEB 2012