MG 34/42 Legal in CA?

How not to see club fed.
wmarion6

MG 34/42 Legal in CA?

Post by wmarion6 »

Are any models of MG's legal here in the peoples republic of Kalifornia?
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: MG 34/42 Legal in CA?

Post by carlque »

YES!! You can buy or build a legal MG34 OR MG42 in kommiefornia! You must cut off the flash hider cone (the easy way to eliminate the "EVIL" flash hider), or alter it to be a NON-flash hider! THEN, you cut off and/or modify the grip to conform (I have always hated that word!!) to the CDJ definition of a non assault rifle grip!! Then you have a non assault rifle! Rod
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by carlque »

The 1919a4/a6 is also legal here! On the A6 you CAN NOT use the flash hider! You must use only 10 rds linked together, unless you had them linked brfore the BAN! When you shoot your hi-cap linked belt, you need to stop when you get to 11 or 12 rounds, that way you still have a hi-cap linked belt that you can now add more linked ammo to whatever amount you want! People use different methods to stop the belt before it gets below 11 links! One method is to use a dummy round in the 12th or 13th link, but there are other ways only limited by your imagination!! Rod
carlque
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by carlque »

We are talking about SEMI-AUTO only!!!! Rod
Clay

Post by Clay »

Henderson Defense is offering a CA legal M53 option. It's got a bullet button top cover and a fixed drum on the side so you will need a tool to open the top cover and load it that way. There long thread about it on Calguns.net I'll dig it up and post it here later. I live in CA and when I build mine I'm going to go with that option. Another option would be to deactivate the flash hider and attaching a fin to the grip so it doesn't meet the definition of a pistol grip.