Stick weld? bonding recievers

How not to see club fed.
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Stick weld? bonding recievers

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

Would it be leagle to LB stick weld a receiver together so it looks nice untill i am able to make it semi auto? or would i need to make a block out of stick weld like a dummy? or is all of the above a no-no? was thinking of stick weldinga MP31 and a bren together just to the point they will hold together to show people at least instead of being a pile of parts in the back room...
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Stick weld? bonding recievers

Post by Bil »

I think I would put a block in just to be safe.How about using a piece of pipe inside and using epoxy?Can't be fired,and should come apart easier. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

if you take a torch to the stick weld stuff it combusts and disapears... and it solid as a rock. so that what i had in mind, but epoxy works for the MP31 not sure about the bren though, also wanted to do this to a breda and i know epoxy wont hold that together.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Fritz,

I think you dancing in a gray area. Throwing all logic aside, remember the strict liability standard of the possession of an unregistered Class III weapon, this means the burden of proof is yours. Seemingly your innocent (and logical) intent would fail to absolve you if there is any possible viability of your receiver. It may not matter that a torch could undue it, or that a person would have to be batsh*t crazy to even try to use it the way you would like to have it, if the welds allow the action,,,,, well you know where I am going. Not to mention if people ever talked and word got back to some law enforcement guy with a woody to play cop and your house is searched, that could be a real hassle. It really is Pandora’s box.

I know that all sounds super-paranoid but I worked at the NYS Attorney Generals office for a while, and granted it was NY, but there was not much sympathy for us “gunnuts.”
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

ya the area is way to grey for me.... though i may use it to hold the reciever together as a tack weld would only in spots and use the bolts and internals as the main support for keeping the receiver togther.. the internals wouldnt be able to move since they are holding the receiver together, as someone said on the 1919 boards if it is strong enough to get off one shot before blowing up in someones face then its illeagle.