Can you legally build a MG42 blank firing gun?

How not to see club fed.
ctyankee

Can you legally build a MG42 blank firing gun?

Post by ctyankee »

How can a fellow go about legally making a blank firing mg42 from a mg42 parts kit? Or can this not be done?
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

sure why not
ctyankee

Post by ctyankee »

I envisioned being able to do it as long as the barrel is welded to the receiver and not being able to load a live round. Would the bolt and receiver need a mod on it to prevent a unmodified one from being installed? Any ideas?
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

if you are talkin fa then I believe the answer is no, any fa blank guns out there accept 0 real parts or else it would be able to be converted to a live weapon, I am sure there are batf guidelines to follow in this respect, you are better makin a gas gun with fa sim fire, or just building a semi and runnin blanks in it
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

Tom

Is a 100% correct, in fact fhe FA blank fire only ppsh 41 & MP40 even fire the round backwards.
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

I would spend the time and resources to build a semi (like I am) then buy or build a Full Auto gas simulator. Now you can fire bullets, fire blanks (on semi auto) and fire gas at full auto.
ctyankee

Post by ctyankee »

Demontrooper wrote:I would spend the time and resources to build a semi (like I am) then buy or build a Full Auto gas simulator. Now you can fire bullets, fire blanks (on semi auto) and fire gas at full auto.
I am actually building a semi right now. I was just thinking if it could be done it would be neat. Where does one go about finding info on a gas gun?
Demontrooper
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Demontrooper »

I put up a post in the MG42 general discussion; and no body has answered yet...