We Need A New FFL Type!

How not to see club fed.
Cpt_Kirks

We Need A New FFL Type!

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

I don't ever see the 86 ban on new MG manufacture ever being overturned in congress. "Overturning the Machine Gun Ban" simply sounds too bad to the average sheeple. There is a very slim chance it could be overturned by the supreme court. Very slim.

What we need is a new FFL type. A "MG R&D" FFL.

This new type FFL would cost $200 per year. It would allow the FFL holder to have all the MGbuilding privileges of an 02 SOT, except they can't buy or sell any machine guns, other than on form 4 like a regular citizen.

It would be hard to villify this. You would only be able to build your own guns. You couldn't sell them. You couldn't buy them. You could build them, modify and shoot them.

You would be able to sell designs and loan a prototype to other manufacturers. They could keep the prototype for one calendar year for evaluation, then have to return it.

I think something like this could be passed.
ctyankee

Post by ctyankee »

I like the idea. I sure would support it. But.............I think we'd have a better chance seeing Hell freeze over! :shock:
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

ctyankee wrote:I think we'd have a better chance seeing Hell freeze over! :shock:
And the UN has advised that with Global Warming our chances are now even less.............. :pound:
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Skype ID: ACE1100
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

Properly sold, this could have a chance of passage. The current SOT system prevents tinkerers from development. The John Brownings, Hiram Maxims and Eugene Stoners of today simply can't dink around in their garage to produce the breakthrough weapons of tomorrow.

Since the license holder would be prohibited from making sales, this would be more like a C&R license. Except you can make legal machine guns.

Here is a nice selling point: Who designed the current issue belt-fed guns of the US military, other than the M2?

A BELGIAN company.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

Cpt_Kirks wrote:Properly sold, this could have a chance of passage.
No matter how eloquent or impassioned your argument, the sad fact is that the US Government would like to completely eliminate your 2nd amendment rights, not give you new ones.

If you really do think this is something that you could get the BATFE to approve then now is the time to stop discussing it with us and start making preliminary contacts within government and industry with the view of getting this new license class approved.

I for one wish you success and look forward to hearing back from you letting us know of the progress that you have made.
Last edited by 762x51 on Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is well that war is so terrible -- lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

sounds like a plan to me ;)
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
stearmandriver

Post by stearmandriver »

I'll back you up on this. Let me know who I gotta schmooze to help it along. Perhaps invite our representatives to join us in one of our shooting events? Let them see first hand the fun we have and the safety we strive for. Tell them about the history of these weapons and show them why we find collecting and shooting them is enjoyable.

David
Cpt_Kirks

Post by Cpt_Kirks »

I need some background documentation. Any links to white papers or other documents would help.

My congresswoman is about as pro-gun as it's possible to be (she gets an "A" from the NRA).

With the right documentation and write-up, she might just sponsor this.
762x51
Oberst
Oberst

Post by 762x51 »

striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

Getting anything with MACHINEGUNS in it is going to be near impossible to pass.
striker754
Oberst
Oberst

Post by striker754 »

I was thinking more about this, and you can kinda do something like this to experiment, but you have to make it for a state or federal agency. No license needed.
041x

Post by 041x »

I think they should have it where you apply to the ATF to make and MG and upon approval you would pay like a $1000 making tax and you would have to register it. That way they would make a ton of money and I would be happy also.
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

I don't think it's a question of how much revenue the Government would generate.It's the anti-gun attitude of our elected officials.Look it all the money they could generate from selling Government -owned firearms that they would rather cut up and throw in piles at a scrap yard that would fetch for $10,000 or more if sold on the civilian market.President Jimmy Carter was the first President to destroy mass ammounts of WW2-era firearms(M1 Garands,M14's,ect. that were legal to enter the consumer market).