What papers do you keep with your SA'42

How not to see club fed.
blckwlfny
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

What papers do you keep with your SA'42

Post by blckwlfny »

I transport my SA '42 quite frequently to events.
it is a reweld made by a licensed manufacturer and according to all the laws, both the ATF and I know it is legal for me to possess, transport and shoot. However, proving this to the curious and cautious state trooper who may stop me some day for speeding and notice my ammo cans may be a different story....
An open question to owners of these riflles:
What letters or items do you keep WITH YOUR GUN to preemptively proove your innocence? ...and does anyone have copies of these....many of them have left the site
Thanks
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: What papers do you keep with your SA'42

Post by 42rocker »

All I can say is New York, God Help You. If you get pulled over are you required to tell them in the State of New York that you have a weapon in the car?? If so then I hope that you get a well informed police officer. If not required then if it's in the trunk and legally carried then I would keep my mouth shut.
Remember one trigger pull is required per shot. Main statement to make. Hopefully when the "licensed manufacturer" made it, he followed the law and put on the mg42 that it's a Semi Auto as required by law.
I would try to carry the "licensed manufacturer" name and phone number on a piece of paper that way the officer can call him if he wants more info. Call the expert from a far idea.

Later 42rocker
blckwlfny
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blckwlfny »

Im pretty sure that the chances of a state trooper pulling out his cell phone to verify a gun's BATF serial # BEFORE it winds up in an evidence locker "pending further investigation" is pretty slim.
On the other hand, proper paperwork immediately presented can be very effective.
My point is not regarding search and seizure procedure. I was really trying to ask which BATF letters would be most effective and where to find them since the site lost many of its image links
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

At this point from your answer I'm guessing that the "licensed manufacturer" did not mark it with the words semi auto or whatever.. Good Luck on that one.

However if it's paperwork that you want to show, download Brian's semi auto manual (brp guns website)

http://www.brpguns.com/content/mg42semimanual.pdf

page 50 is the reprint of the batf letter. In that letter it clearly states semi auto. That said it is for a brp marked semi auto. All this gives you a starting point to start talking from.

This would be a lot easier for you if it's marked semi auto. Mine is not marked either. I'm sure that some talking would be required in my case also. However I'm in Fla in a county where we have 2 or 3 full auto range shoots a year.

Good Luck

Later 42rocker
shred
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by shred »

I would have the entire semi-auto manual handy. Something in plain English in addition to an ATF letter might make for easier side-of-the-highway reading.

Most cops know that there are legal semi-auto versions of M16's and AK-47s and so on out there and those guys don't haul around approval letters with each (nor do they say 'semi-auto' on them mostly).
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

First, if you are traveling with a gun, as far as I know, if you are asked by a LEO if you have a firearm in the vehicle, true you do not have to answer yes, but you cannot lie and say no, so by saying nothing how long before the SWAT team shows up, all pumped up thinking they have a big score, a NY minute.

Second, NY sucks, soon unless you Kydex the pistol grip and weld a barrel extension out of the booster (assuming these modifications satiate the a-hole governor's new law, making it no longer a so-called "assault weapon"), you still should have as mentioned above the BRP manual, maybe info from WLA's website, even Pirate's tutorial printed up from his site (www.ProjectGuns.com), then be able to quickly point to the mods: the FA bolt blocker, and the gripstick area hollowed out for the SA grip, making the FA gripstick unable to mount.

Thirdly, if the court challenges to the new gun control measures fail, you would likely have to register it in its current form (if you live in NY) as a NY "assault weapon" once registered you would just flash your papers, and the NY gestapo will see it is registered, thus semi-automatic, and you can be on your way.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
fritsch
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by fritsch »

I was stopped by police and I had a 1919a4 kit. They confiscated the kit and let me go. After 6 months of calling and harassing them, they finally gave it back. The impression I took away from it was as long as you're legal and trying to be legal, it'll all work out in the end, just don't expect it to be resolved over night.
blckwlfny
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blckwlfny »

very good information gentlemen.
thank you
im loading the BRP manual as i type
but i must admit, Im still hoping the new NY gun law does NOT pass :cross:
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Good Luck
And I hope that all of them do not pass. But king obango the 2nd was elected again so.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

blckwlfny wrote:very good information gentlemen.
thank you
im loading the BRP manual as i type
but i must admit, Im still hoping the new NY gun law does NOT pass :cross:

As you likely know the law DID pass (with our Republican controlled state Senate and Democratically controlled Assembly), and was signed on 1/15/2013.

The registry begins next month, and all are "supposed" to be registered by April 2014, UNLESS we get lucky in the courts.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864