Need an MG34 dummy reciever

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
machinestman
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Need an MG34 dummy reciever

Post by machinestman »

Need a dummy reciever for MG34 desplay can any body help with one for sale or know where I can get one?
tomcatshaas
General
General

Re: Need an MG34 dummy reciever

Post by tomcatshaas »

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Whats up with the big gap in these? :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

they are matching their front receivers with IMA rear ones so there is a section missing....
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That's crazy-it isn't a receiver,its just part. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Still remember the post about taking one of those "open" brp style dummy receivers and adding molding clay to it...
Bake shake paint... Wait take out the shake part. Really the whole thing looked good when it was done... Because that one started out as just parts not welded together they "could" remove the clay and still have the original parts for later. That way if they wanted to reweld or sell or whatever they could..

Later 42rocker
Sledge303

Post by Sledge303 »

APEX Gun Parts still has cut MG34 receivers in stock::

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_in ... ts_id/1309

That would seem to be a good start point for a display receiver.
No need to worry about getting the internal parts back in, just weld it up solid.

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That would be fairly easy-just clean out the rail slots,insert proper size piece of steel,and weld to the proper length.Then take your time and fill in the cuts.Nice! ---bil
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

well that's what im going to do know that i am aware those are available. i just ordered one.
panzer79
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by panzer79 »

i have one I could sell you if your interested. aluminum solid block. Would be month until i could get it to you as i am currently on vacation. let me know if interested
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

These receivers remind me of that “Simpsons” episode with Homer and his sugar pile. If Apex dumped these three years ago they would have sold out and tripled their asking price.

Judging on what people have said that bought them the picture is a VERY nice specimen, expect sauced threads in the buffer area and a torch-cut through the front severing the mounting stud that fits in the barrel shroud---certainly PERFECT for a dummy receiver at $75, but remember when receivers like this were going for $250 on GB, when the sets you could easily re-weld were bringing in $400-$500?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
FKpt.Fritz
Major
Major

Post by FKpt.Fritz »

panzer79 wrote:i have one I could sell you if your interested. aluminum solid block. Would be month until i could get it to you as i am currently on vacation. let me know if interested
i am interested. how much?

PM sent
Bicgatepc02

Post by Bicgatepc02 »

I picked some up from IMA awhile back that were nice, but don't know if they have any left? Chris.

Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

I have an aluminum dummy receiver with parts assembled on it to make a dummy gun - $800.
PM me.
Got a TNW one, don;t need the dummy anymore.

Pit.