Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Bossman
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

MG 34 tripod questions

Post by Bossman »

I'm doing a MG34 build and have all the common accessories rounded up ( spare
barrel & carrier, drum, oil can, belts & ammo cans ) So now I need some
info on the biggest accessory of all, the tripod. Are 34 & 42 tripods interchangable ?
What are the most common problems that I should look to avoid in a used 'pod ?
What is the going price rate ? Thanks for any and all response !

Roger
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

the mounting systems for the MG34 and MG42 are different and not interchangeable. The mounting for the 34 is much more complex, given the method of changing barrels. MG34.com had some Lafette (ground tripod) mounts... check their website. They often go in the range of 900+ without optics, depending on condition.

FYI, I have a manual translated for the MG34 Lafette. everything in it except the mounting of the weapon also applies to the MG42 Lafette. The searching fire device is a little on the complicated side to use properly, but it's explained in the manual.[/i]
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Abwehr

MG34 Tripod

Post by Abwehr »

John is right about Allegheny Arsenal, they may be able to help with the Lafette having the MG34 mount. From what I know, the ones shown on their website is for the MG42, but they MAY have some adapters that will work.

The only other mount I know about, is the reproduction MG34 Mount adapter that can be installed on the post war MG42 AA Tripod and is sold by Interordnance.