all fixed

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
oprod
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

all fixed

Post by oprod »

all fixed!
Last edited by oprod on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Oh great! I just sent this clown $189.00 for a couple 50 round drums and a drum trommeltrager!

If he stiffs me to, I say we invade Canada.
Last edited by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS on Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Roscoeturner
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Roscoeturner »

I believe this is the same person I bought a carrier and drums from not too long ago on Ebay. A little slow but they did arrive.

Jim
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Yeah? Well look at these two auctions.

eBay: auction# 110058350372
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1

Gunbroker: auction# 62222739
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... m=62222739

Look familiar? I thinks we have a RAT.
I left the eBay seller mail asking him where my item is. If I don'y get a message soon, he'll be reported to eBay and Gunbroker as a fraud.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Good luck to you both.I have had nothing but GOOD luck buying from people on mg42.us,and have met some real good folks.If you decide to invade Canada,count me in! We'll sneak in from the north,they'll never suspect it. bil
avionic

Post by avionic »

No fraud here..I received an e-mail this morning at work and became aware of this issue for the first time..I answered this guys e-mail requesting more info so I could deal with it.....later tthat day I got a message from a customer who made me aware of this MESSAGE ON THIS FORUM....IT IS TOO BAD THAT THIS PERSON WOULD HAVE WAITED UNTIL i HAD A CHANCE TO SEE EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND WHO HE IS SO i CAN CHECK MY RECORDS.

ALL E-BAY TRANSACTIONS ARE SOLID...SHIPPED OUT ...AND THE FEEDBACK COMING IN CONFIRMS THIS.

TO MY E-BAY CUSTOMERS .. IF YOU ARE CONCERNED.....PLEASE CONTACT ME FOR COPY OF SHIIPING INFO WITH TRACKING NUMBERS..
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Well, I for one am glad you are here to help us sort out this mess. Are YOU the fellow who sold me two drums and a carrier under THIS auction?

eBay: auction# 110058350372
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &rd=1&rd=1
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
avionic

Post by avionic »

The item this person bought was back in OCT......it was shipped....it was never received........this is not fraud, this is MISSING MAIL..... either in the Canadian mail system or the American system........or stolen from residence after being dropped off...who knows?????

Again to any E-Bay customers contact me...not on this site but by regular e-mail for shipping and tracking number information if you are concerned.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Well, I am glad you made contact with me and restored my confidence. I will wait for my drums to arrive and send positive feedback when they do. Thanks avionic!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Kurt,
Considering how things are, it's impossible to be overly suspicious or cautious until you know a seller. But Canadian purchases have always turned out to be long, drawn-out waiting games for me. Canadian postal service is the pits. Several months ago I made two "in stock" orders of similar merchandise from two vendors: one in China, the other in Canada. Both orders were made via the web, and I recieved confirmation from both vendors within 2 days. The Chinese merchandise came to me in just ten days (the best yet from China), the merchandise from Canada was delivered just a day or two short of one month.

Avionic,
Welcome to the MG42 board. This site is filled with very good people who make very good customers if they receive fair treatment. Don't get your panties in a wad over a posted warning about possible scams. If there has been a misunderstanding, just provide a good explanation with a good attitude and you'll gain the trust that is essential if you are going to sell on the internet without a previously-established reputation. Scan any of the other major gun boards and you will find warning after warning about scam artists who have taken trusting buyers for thousands. Last night I read a year-long thread about a man in south Carolina who used the net classifieds and ebay to scam almost thirty buyers out of over $10,000 in a couple of month's time. The scammed buyers used the forums to trace the guy down and have him convicted and jailed. (He had property -- they got their money back, too.)

If you establish yourself as a reliable seller, people on this board will recommend you to others. But you must go out of your way to cooly and logically and TRUTHFULLY answer any and all questions that your customers might have. Don't take offense. Unfortunately, internet buyers are forced to be cautious -- and you should be honored that they have trusted you with their money. Do good, and the internet community will know you are trustworthy and sing your praises. Be a crook, and the internet community will mow you down.

GeeDeeEmm
Last edited by gdmoore28 on Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Yeah... we have a great and trustworthy community of people here.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
oprod
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Problems with avionic

Post by oprod »

ok
Last edited by oprod on Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Might I suggest to all good sellers out there that you do NOT use the same picture for multiple auctions of items of similar make? It's a HUGE RED FLAG to buyers, because it is common that frauds often copy photos from legitimate auctions or websites, and posting the same item as a lure several times on different sites or several times in succession after the first sucker sends in his hard earned money. It is considered best practice to post a picture of the item auctioned. That would set you apart from the myriad of jerks out there who relentlessly try to swindle us. The items we collectors bid on are often very expensive, and few of us can afford to get ripped off. Aside from warnings to other buyers, there is seldom very much we can do to identify swindlers who continuously reinvent their accounts and change theri names.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

Kurt

Few months ago I had purchased items from collector’s guild (yes, yes I know they are way over priced) Till the items hit my door step it was well an over month but based on a recent experience I can say that the Canadian mail system was slow, was it an isolated incident who knows. I am spoiled from buying parts from Claus they get to me quicker from Europe then from Sarco in NJ. LOL

When you finally say AH the heck with it you will come home and their sits a box on the porch.
oprod
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

A lil guidence here please

Post by oprod »

I have been a long standing member of this community/ forum and have enjoyed many good conversations and builds with fellow members. Im asking for your thoughts on what I should do here. The seller has e mailed me that he did get the package back but now doesn't seem to remember that. I asked him to provide insurance and tracking which if he did send the package, he apparantly has not insured or used any tracking. The package was supposedly sent about the 3rd week of October.
The following post is what he sent me tonight:

"If we can rewach a understanding about this issue…your comments will have to be removed long before I agree to replace anything. Since If I send you a drum…then I loose $200.00…so we have to find some common ground….it is the third party….the MAIL SYSTEM is at fault…………..so don’t ask me the same questions over and over and over and over and over.It is not simply me replacing the drum as I fufulled my part of the bargin…it was shipped……..maybe we could split the cost or something..I don’t know..any ideas……….but if this is to move on don’t ask me the same **cken questions over and over and over and over and over. "

Some of you have had luck with this seller and others have thought the products were missrepresented. No one has told me that they have not recieved the merchandise. I feel at this point that I am out my money, and the only recourse I have is to warn others about my bad experiance. Seller wants me to remove my comments and send him more money... I will defer to the members of this board for their guidance. I have recieved items from Italy, England,Germany, Canada, and Argentina and none have taken this long.
oldiron

Unfortunately!!

Post by oldiron »

I have no bones in this what-so-ever; but I had problems with the Canadain postal system years ago because ithey have to open packages of computer equipment to see if it was made in canada !! Otherwise there is a hefty excise tax on the items-- they open the packages and unfortunately they don't do a great job repackaging the stuff-- One of my customers recieved computer parts that were not the ones i sent and another customer recieved a laptop that was partially disassembled and actually broken by these goof's!! All of my stuff had the made in canada stickers on them-- but they needed to mess with the items instaed !! So I have had a couple packages go missing or broken open in the last year but just a few and it seems the USPS is actually getting better if you overwrap your packages !
Roscoeturner
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Roscoeturner »

My advice about this is to quit beating a dead horse on the forum and work this out off the forum with the seller. I have dealt with this guy on several occasions and have received what I ordered. I did a quick check on White Pages.com of his name and it matched the address he gave to me and his auction information.

I do not know him other than buying carriers and drums from him but it seems both of you are a victim of the poor postal service between Canada and the US. I own a mail order company and last month I invoked a new policy toward shipments to Canada. Either the customer accepts full responsibility for the shipment or agrees to pay the extra shipping charge for registered mail. If they do not we cancel the order. I finally had enough of the complaining and having to refund money for lost shipments.

Insuring a package with the US postal service is one of the biggest scams going in the US. You can insure a package but try collecting when it is lost, it won't happen.

I ship to Europe on a regular basis, Canada is the only country we have shipping problems with. Out of all this I have learned that NAFTA only works in one direction.
oprod
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

conclusion

Post by oprod »

Seller contacted me off line. Was understanably upset. He said it was not his fault, that it was the postal services fault and that he could not provide tracking numbers. He has sent me two drums to make up for problem. What i really wanted was the carrier as i am drum heavy... oh well. Seller seems to be on the up and up, and I would do business with him again provided that tracking numbers are sent via e mail.
Roscoeturner
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Roscoeturner »

Being in the mail order business I can tell you that tracking numbers through the postal system only serve a purpose if the package is sent by registered mail. The numbers for Delivery Confirmation are not worth the effort to write them down, they will only show if the package is in the system nothing more until it is delivered.

Any packages sent to an address in the US worth more than $50 we only ship UPS because of the issues we have had with the post office.

Shipping international you are left at the whim of the customs official of the receiving country whether or not the item is allowed in or not. If not the package is usually destroyed.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

oprod,

I'd appreciate if you wouldn't just delete or edit out your post. Simply reply to the post that the situation has been cleared. Deleting the posted information does nothing to support this thread, whether resolved or not.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.