Gr vorratskasten fur MG Lafette 34

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
Anti-spam: Mg42

Gr vorratskasten fur MG Lafette 34

Post by timarmitage »

Due to health issues, family problems etc have been unable to contribute for some time. I got the following from a vendor who told me that they came from a military museum in Holland that was closing. They relate to the Landwacht Nederland. On D 166/1 the stamp says Waffen SS Landwacht Nederlande and is dated 2/ 9/42 and the Deckblatter which is a correction sheet or errata slip says Deckblatter Nr 1 bis 7 zur D 166/1. I can find no information about the school referred to in Holland from the label inside the box.
Attachments
DSC00629.JPG
DSC00628.JPG
DSC00627.JPG
DSC00624.JPG
DSC00625.JPG
DSC00626.JPG
DSC00630.JPG
DSC00622.JPG
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Gr vorratskasten fur MG Lafette 34

Post by JBaum »

Glad to see you back Tim. Lots of health problems have visited people in the last year. Good to see you're still around.

Wow, just wow. GREAT stuff. I never saw a parts kit like that with all the compartments full.

That's the same dated edition of D166/1 that I translated years ago (2006). It was the third manual I ever translated. The corrections were already written in on my manual, but I hadn't seen the actual Deckblatter for it before.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
dogman5
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by dogman5 »

That is a beautiful spares kit, I think the first one I've seen with parts inside. Thank you very much for sharing, awesome to see that many Lafette repair parts in one place.
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

HI John would it be possible to ask your help once again I am trying to load the photographs to axis history forum in the small arms section to Gr vorratskasten fur mg lafette 34 and they will not load. I have tried for some time with smaller images but I can only get the text to load and not the photographs. Please, if it is not too much trouble, load the images from this site to the other. There are already some 500 plus views so there is a demand . Many thanks as for all you have done for me best Tim (Tim R Armitage.)
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Done. Glad to help.

How about a close-up picture of the small parts box listing? :D

timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Certainly, l will do it this weekend as l will need daylight to get a good shot. We are out this week doing some voluntary work at a nature reserve near Leeds, where l live, so l can do it Saturday morning. Thanks for your help Tim
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

I have done one this morning first thing. Please see if of any use if not will do again with a larger size.
Attachments
DSC00642.JPG
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

This picture is 1.8 inches wide in true size... That's a little too small to read. When I enlarge it it just goes too blurry to read.

timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Ok John l will try a larger sized image, will try and do this tomorrow afternoon. On my camera are the following VGA 20M, 10M, 5M and VGA. I used the last which states for email attachments. Please can you indicate the size I should use. Thanks Tim.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

5 megapixel is what the 5 means. That would be good. I had to cut down the other pictures to under 1 meg in size to get them posted on Axis History.

The software for their board (same as this board) can be set to limit the maximum file size. To get 1 meg or smaller files, I reduced pixels per inch to 300, trimmed (cropped) the picture, and saved it as a 10 clarity instead of a 12 clarity, which cuts the file size, but still leaves plenty of clarity. A 12 might be saved as a 2 meg file, a 10 makes maybe an 800k file, and making it a 3 or 4 clarity knocks it down to a couple hundred k, but also ruins clarity when you zoom in.
I use Photoshop to manipulate the pictures for my manuals. It's a very capable program, and can do a lot more than I use it for or even know how to do.

VGA means Video Graphic Adapter, which was an early standard for screen resolution. It makes for a crappy picture (but very small file) with today's hardware.

timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

John, many thanks for such an informative reply. I am going to read this in detail as it is so detailed and explains so much about what I am doing wrong when I post images. I have posted two files one at 5 and one at 10. Many thanks for all your help Tim
Attachments
DSC00644.JPG
DSC00643.JPG
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

In both photos, it looks like there is something printed on the back of the page. Is the sheet able to be removed from the envelope that it is in?

If your camera can be set at a higher resolution (maybe 600) that would help a lot. When I try to zoom in on the 350dpi photos, it goes blurry very quickly.

timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Hi John it is night here now but l will try tomorrow best Tim
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Hi John, the list is within a sort of metal frame which is screwed to the wood by very tiny screws. I have tried to pull out the list but it appears to be firmly stuck at the bottom and I am afraid that if I pull then the paper will tear, part will come out and part will stay in place. I have put my camera to maximum and sent the picture. The only way I can see to get the list out is to dismantle the frame by taking out the small screws. I have just attempted to add the file and it states it is too large, should I email it to you? Thanks Tim
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Are you using a phone or a computer to upload the files? the file you sent me is 500 dpi, which is good, but it's 7" high and 5" wide. Can't read it.

timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Hi John I am using my computer to upload the files. I use my camera and then I plug it into that and then I select the file and upload it. Best Tim
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

John, should I take it further back and use more light. I have a portable torch which I could use, would that help? Best Tim
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I have to wonder what your camera is doing when it takes the picture. If it has automatic settings, it will decrease the quality of the picture if the light is low. Use a flash if your camera has that. Try it with more light (perhaps in the sun?) and we'll see what happens.

timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Hi John I will do my best tomorrow. I will use additional light and try again.Best Tim
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Hi John I have just take two more photographs with a spot light and emailed them to you. If you still find they don't have enough light my nephew is coming around tomorrow afternoon and together we can lift the box out, it is very heavy and I cannot lift it on my own. We will put it in light and I will try again. Also I will try and push a steel lever down the metal holder to see if I can get the list to move and not tear so I can pull it out. Best Tim