Demilled MG34 Receivers from IMA & FAC

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Demilled MG34 Receivers from IMA & FAC

Post by Reichpapers »

Prime examples of what you'll get if you order demilled MG34 receivers from FAC and IMA...not sure which is which. They have a bit of rust, but that seems normal. PLenty of overlap here to do the job....note the need of a good cam section...the last pic is a typical piece from BRP.

Last edited by Reichpapers on Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

ok those look nasty
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

Here is a left side view of my semi MG34 receiver right before the finally cosmetic welds were touched up and re-milled. What I received was no different then Reichpapers.

I will post more pictures of the conversion, but my knucklehead Labrador chewed my camera upload cable should be here soon.

MDMike

Post by MDMike »

Great looking job there AK47Dennis. Did you use overlaping parts or Tig in the Blanks? I have an early (about 4 years ago) Inter Ord kit. Was wondering if you knew if this kit was rebuildable as is or was overlap of the reciever required. TIA, Mike
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

My front section was like seen in Reichs picture and the rear sections was also a band saw cut, only the center section was torch cut.

Based on the I.O. receivers I have seen I would say that it very do-able but if you could eliminate a torch cut with an overlapped band saw cut section go for it!
MDMike

Post by MDMike »

Who has the band saw cut recievers?
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Bandsaw-cut MG34 receivers haven't been around since the mid-1980's.I have a band-saw cut MG34 receiver that was converted into a 80% reciever by a Class2 Manufacturer(BATF used to allow a receiver to be cut in half in half with a band-saw but they later required minimum torch three-cut receivers because guys were welding them back together very easily into full-auto's)