Never seen this mount before

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Never seen this mount before

Post by 42rocker »

IMA ran a sale showing this mg34 and tripod. Sold real quick. Any rate before they take it down take a look at the tripod. What do you think?? Know anything about this tripod??

http://www.ima-usa.com/original-wwii-ge ... LEScontent

Later 42rocker
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: Never seen this mount before

Post by Tommygunn »

I believe it to be an MG13 tripod. When I was last into militaria (mid/late 90's) the UK dealers seemed to have lots of these.
I don't think it was ever really considered up there compared to the other tripod variants.

Mind you the years role on.

Tom.
amafrank
Major
Major

Post by amafrank »

Looks like the AA tripod for the MG13 as noted. Many features of the first LMG adopted by the germans were carried on to the MG34. Things like the bipod, the mounting system for the bipod, and the general layout of the barrel jacket. This means that the 34 would fit the MG13 AA tripod and bipod though the 34 versions were a little more refined. Conversely it also means that the 13 would fit a lot of the 34 stuff and there were AA tripod versions for the 34 as well. Without seeing dates and or makers codes on the actual unit its tough to say which it is for sure. In any case the price is way over the top and I doubt it sold for that though you never know....one born every minute.

Frank
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

It sold very quickly. I opened the email in the morning of the day there were sent out and I look wanting to know more about the tripod and noticed that before 10:00 am Eastern it was sold.

Thanks for the tripod info.

Later 42rocker
blckwlfny
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by blckwlfny »

I know that this is a dead topic at this point, but FWIW, it is an mg13 AA tripod, but I THINK this variant was only used by the portusese.