Where to buy MG3 Tripod

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
EnfieldEd

Where to buy MG3 Tripod

Post by EnfieldEd »

Alright I have exhausted my internet searching. I tried a few different key words and came up with mostly junk.

I see the IO has them for $500 for new unissued tripods, and I found a few sites where the price drops to $400 for unissued and $350 for "Good" condition.

$350 is more what I want to spend, but I know "good" is a relative term and for $50 I would rather get unissued.

So am I missing a site that sells them cheaper. I want it to be in good working order, a few handling marks are fine. I can even live without the optic for a decent price reduction.

Thanks for the help.

Ed.
Chuckm
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: Where to buy MG3 Tripod

Post by Chuckm »

Try RTG, Robert is good people to work with. I got one a couple of years ago and it came in the factory (!) wrap..

Chuckm
Nevada
wizzegun

Post by wizzegun »

IO used to have them in lower grades for good prices. Of course they sold out the week after I got my M53. :? I was in the same boat as you. I only found them at SG, IO and RobertRtg.

+1 for Robert. The ones he sells on GB are a little cheaper but are not as nice as the ones he sells thru his website. That's what he told me anyway. I decided for a few more $$ just to order from his website and I'm very happy with it. Except for a few areas with chipped paint, the mount looked new.
EnfieldEd

Post by EnfieldEd »

wizzegun - did you get the "good" grade or NIB.

I am pretty careful with stuff so I think if I bought a NIB one I could keep it pretty clean.

I am pretty sure I talked myself into it. I did find RTG in my search, so I guess I will go with them. I will pick up a few odds and ends while I am at it.

Now just to make my MG34.com order as well, and I should be good with accesories for this gun, I hope 8) .
hakentt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by hakentt »

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/u ... x?a=556321
Abandoned treasure! These "veteran" MG42 Ground Tripods were resting in a shabby old barn for who knows how long, just waiting to join your collection. Of course, the MG42 (shortened from German: Maschinengewehr 42, or "Machine Rifle 42") is a famous machine gun that entered German service way back in 1942, during World War II.
:puk:
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Gee, Sportsman's Guide is still selling "67 year old tripods" that were made in the 1970s and 80s.... I wonder how they manage to count their money when they can't count how old their lafettes are?

I thought after that last run through with all of us email them and giving them crap, they'd be done with this.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

My son was born in 1984-he should be ready for Social Security by their count.I wonder how old I am?? :? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

Glenn,

The MG3 tripod of mine that you used a few weeks ago was purchased off ebay from a gentleman in Germany. It was brand new, still in factory boxes, and included the optics. Shipped to my door it cost under $225.

I managed to dig up the guy's name and email address. I'm sending them to you via PM. If you locate him you can post here whether he has more tripods for sale.

GeeDeeEmm
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

The the guy in Germany's ebay username is Fortvaux, he screwed me on $86 worth of stuff... never sent it and won't answer emails.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

jbaum wrote:The the guy in Germany's ebay username is Fortvaux, he screwed me on $86 worth of stuff... never sent it and won't answer emails.
OOPS! Sad to hear of that kind of nonsense. I know he sold a bunch of the tripods -- several of them to people on this board. I wonder what makes a guy do good in a number of sales and then go bad? Strange.

(You don't suppose he saw your Sgt. Schultz avatar here on this site do you John? :D )

GeeDeeEmm
navalgunner

Post by navalgunner »

I have a mg3 tripod, with optics, with the optics illuminator and battery pack for $400. most do not include the optics illuminator or the battery pack for it. anyone interested let me know. I dont know how much shipping is. I just sold a mgz 40 case on ebay.
Spannschieber

Post by Spannschieber »

we have lot's of bundeswehr (german army) LAFETTEN tripods for sale over here..

prices go from US$100 to 200.. but shipping is a problem. (expensive)

if you know some USAFEUR soldiers over here, they can send this heavy piece of equipment for little money via APO from germany.
i you give me a german adress, shipping is easy for me...

a good tip for MG spare parts and accessories is www.egun.de for exampel.. ebay for arms..
RevWarGuy

Post by RevWarGuy »

Spannschieber is right. I bought an MG3 tripod, unissued 79.95 Euros from an eBay Germany seller. Shipping would have been almost as much to the USA - another 50+ Euros or so I think - but within Germany it was less than 10 Euros. So I had him ship it to a friend who is staioned in Germany - to their German Street address - and then my friend re-packaged it with some other things they were going to send me and mailed it to me parcel post for around $25 or $30. He had some for sale that were still in the box for 20 euros more. Who needs the original box though. This one was never issued or used, and it came with everything, except batteries in the optics power supply box, all for under $150.

RWG