Yugo M53 and US 30 cal ammo cans

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
jakharath
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Yugo M53 and US 30 cal ammo cans

Post by jakharath »

Hello All! I'm new to MG42.us so please be gentle.

I have a newly aquired Yugo M53 and want to know if anyone has 'attached' a 30 cal ammo can on the side to store the belt? I will be firing 'out in the country' (Wrightsboro, TX) and want to keep the belt and ammo clean. Any suggestions will be welcome.
12thWaffenSS

Re: Yugo M53 and US 30 cal ammo cans

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

jakharath wrote:Hello All! I'm new to MG42.us so please be gentle.

I have a newly aquired Yugo M53 and want to know if anyone has 'attached' a 30 cal ammo can on the side to store the belt? I will be firing 'out in the country' (Wrightsboro, TX) and want to keep the belt and ammo clean. Any suggestions will be welcome.
I'm not sure how that would work. I'm sure you could rig anything up though. Why not just get a 50 round drum?
jakharath
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by jakharath »

Thought it would be nice to have a few 30 cal ammo cans filled with belt. That way, you know, when the zombies come, it would be quick to change out and more importantly keep the ammo clean.

On the 50 round drum - I read somewhere there are problems with using them in the semi-auto M53's. Is this true? If not, where’s a good place to pick up drums?

Thanks!
gdmoore28
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by gdmoore28 »

I got my drums from Marstar Canada at a really good price, but I can't seem to find them listed on their web site anymore. They are either out of stock, or I'm stupid again.

Probably the latter.

GeeDeeEmm
" The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government . . . . When the people fear their government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people, there is liberty." Thomas Jefferson
man_am_boden
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by man_am_boden »

The steel drums attach to the Semi M53 just fine, or at least mine did, no problems. I have never bought anything from them but MG34.com has the green steel ones for $50 last i checked.
Semper Fi
Tyler