Semifluid oil, valid for MG ?

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
7,92lover
Unteroffizier
Unteroffizier

Semifluid oil, valid for MG ?

Post by 7,92lover »

Hi,
Do you think that this semifluid lubricating oil is suitable for to use it in a MG ?
What mean MIL-L-46000 B ?

Thanks !

7,92lover :D
Attachments
german oil.JPG
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Semifluid oil, valid for MG ?

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

MIL-L-46000 B is the Military Specification (MilSpec) that the oil was designed for. It tells you what purpose the oil was made for, it's chemical and physical properties may also be included. Just about any lubricating oil can work in a MG-42, but I tend to stay with a lighter oil that does not have large amounts of paraffin or other waxes. Do not use greases of any kind. Greases are designed to release lubricating oils only under high pressure, sometimes under high pressure and high temperature, and they are usually too thick and may cause friction that may cause stoppages, misfeeds, poor extraction, and other problems. The MG-42 is so simple that it takes a lot to cause these problems. Greases also trap dirt, soot, and other deposits which will act as an abrasive on sliding surfaces (THIS IS BAD). Oil allows grits and dirt to move out and away from between sliding parts. You could even use motor oil on an MG-42 with no bad results, but the better the oil is, the easier it runs and the easier cleanup is.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Der Alder
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by Der Alder »

Some may disagree with me, but I’ve found a super gun oil. I’ve run both turbo and supercharged engines and used an oil in them that does not break down in heat, does not coke and is super slick and doesn’t gum after it’s sits for years. Many of the top, most expensive sports cars call for its use right on their valve covers…Mobil 1 synthetic. I’ve used it in my Wise-lite M53 right from the start and whether it matters or not I don’t know, but she’s ran without a hiccup so far. That and I’ve used it in everything from Cetmes, G3’s and my own AK builds. For 5.00 a quart (lifetime gun supply) you can’t beat it.
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

40w amsoil .... slathered all down therails, and in the grip stick. works like a champ..
smells like war :mrgreen:
sdk1968
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by sdk1968 »

yeah im using this exact lube in my mg and it works just fine.....

but then again i use it in EVERY gun i own.

and yes i use Mobil 1 full synthetic in my cars. :mrgreen: