Post War AA Tripods

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Abwehr

Post War AA Tripods

Post by Abwehr »

Hey Guys,

Just saw this on the 1919A4 Forum that Sportsmans Guide has the MG3 Tripods again. The price is $71 if you belong to their Club. This is the best price you will find for these tripods.

Here is the webpage if interested: http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=39250
Jason

aa

Post by Jason »

Is there a seprate pintle that needs to be used to mount the gun, or is it already on the tripod?
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

Jason,

The MG42 will fit on the post war Tripod right out of the box.

If you plan to shoot the gun in a horizontal position (which is most likely, LOL) you may want to hang a couple of ammo cans on the leg hooks for stability. The AA Tripod is of course designed for shooting in an upward position and this tends to keep it more stable. When firing horizontaly, the recoil force goes straight back. Still, I do like the AA tripod since I can shoot the gun standing and I let my shoulder take much of the recoil.

The price is good on these beauties, and well worth having. With an adapter, you can fire the 1919A4 from it too.
Jason

Post by Jason »

thanks, I have a kit and everything else I could think of on order, so I will be needing some kind of tripod. the aa tripod looks like a good one to start with.

anyone have any ideas on a t&e as it looks as if it dosent come with aything?
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

Jason,

The best tripod is the Ground Tripod that is selling for $300 to $400 according to whether the optics and light kit are with it. This tripod is the best there is for the gun.

By the time you boy the AA Tripod, design a T&E, build it, you will have about $200 in the tripod.

Aw heck, buy the AA tripod from SG and it will not ship until June, and buy the ground tripod now from Robert Johnson or TAPCO. It is only money, LOL
Jason

Post by Jason »

ok, but if I do get both can we set up a fund drive to pay for my divorce :lol:
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

Jason,

My wife gave up on me several years ago and says nothing now about my "habit". She still cannot understand why I buy a BUNCH of ammo.

If she only knew the stuff I buy, LOL........Actually, she is pretty good about my addiction. Yea, let me know if you get the divorce and I will sontributr to your defense!
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

I just tell my wife that there are a few things I always wanted to buy...after that I won't buy anymore....luckily I don't think she's noticed that there has never been an end to the stuff I've buy.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

I believe coles dist also has these for $79? with immediate shipping
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

This one was purchased from Northridge INternational:

It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.