.308 to 8mm belt loader conversions ready

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

.308 to 8mm belt loader conversions ready

Post by panaceabeachbum »

After quite a delay and two vendors for the laser cut parts I finaly have a QTY of 50 of the nicely formed 8mm conversions to allow the inexpensive 308 blet loaders to be converted to 8mm. These are the same high qaulity stampings the other member was selling last year right out of the same set of stamping dies . Includes a new extended end plate for the hopper and a new cartridge stop. $20 + $5 shipping if interested . I have 50 on hand and will begin shipping Monday Oct 15th when I return from KCR

Please send me an Email with 42 loader in the subject line if interested. Thanks Richard
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: .308 to 8mm belt loader conversions ready

all thats needed for instalation is to drill out the original spot welds that hold the cartridge stop and hopper end in place and replace the parts with the new ones provided. I will post a step by step pictorial next week
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

Is no one interested in these??? :shock: :shock:

I am!

RR
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

looking forward to a detailed tutorial on this conversion.

TC
machinegunbob

Post by machinegunbob »

I want one. Once you convert it to 8mm, can you convert it back to .308? I'm at work now, so I can't acess your web site. Email me your adress, and total price, and I'll send you a postal money order. sabanyak@yahoo.com Machinegunbob
panaceabeachbum
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

I am unsure if I have answered everyones PMs , When I log in it says I have 4 messages on hold due to my inbox being full, I deleted a bunch of old messages but it still shows 4 on hold, If you havenet received a response to your PM by today you may want to resend. I will be offline until mon but will get back with everyone when I return . I will get the tutorial posted this week I hope, I am having the shop remodeled and the entire endwall is gone so I have had all the machinery tarped, should be back in gear mon or tues

thanks
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Richard-[PBB] -when it says your box is full and you delete some mail,click on the part of the message that says that.The link is in there,I can't remember exactly where.This happened to me and drove me crazy [ier] until I figured it out. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
MGMike
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MGMike »

Hi PBB:

I want one....as soon as I can find your address, :oops: I'll have the money in the mail.

Thanks,

MikeD
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

Got mine in the mail today. Thanks panaceabeachbum! Now I am looking forward to that tutorial! :D

RR
oda113
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by oda113 »

Hi,

I'm interested in one of your loader conversions. Drop me an email with your address and funds will be sent.

m_summerville1@yahoo.com
wayne
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by wayne »

Sir..I am interested in purchasing your conversion. Please email me your address and what type of payment. My email address is wmasunaga@verizon.net Thanks Wayne
xano
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by xano »

I would also like to buy one of the conversions but my email keeps comming back. If I can get an address I will send funds asap.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Try his other E-mail-- http://www.thompsonmachine.net ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
bolex
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bolex »

tomcatshaas wrote:looking forward to a detailed tutorial on this conversion.

TC
Has anyone reworked the 308 into 8mm using these parts yet. I looked at them with the reloader last night (it hasn't been high on my priority list) and see one way it could be done.
RaccoonRough

Post by RaccoonRough »

There was going to be a tutorial made, eventually.

RR
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

I have started on the conversion and I am taking pictures for a future tutorial.

TC
wayne
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by wayne »

Sir I am interested in purchasing one of your conversion for $25.00 Please email me your address so I can mail you your funds. My email is wmasunaga@verizon.net Thanks Wajyne
badsnakeii
Gefreiter
Gefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by badsnakeii »

Sorry to bring up an old dead thread. But is there still someone selling these conversions? Did they work well?
I was originally curious if the 8mm one would do .308 also but seems like that's not possible....
Is there any way to go back and forth on the calibers? That would be ideal.
Thanks
JM
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Bring up an old thread anytime.
Most folks are just buying two loaders due to large groups of both coming into the country over the last few years. Yes, the conversions have been done and they do work. I believe that if done correctly you could switch back and forth but believe owning both of them would work better.

Later 42rocker