What did I find? MG42 Lafette Parts Quiz?

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

What did I find? MG42 Lafette Parts Quiz?

Post by 42rocker »

PLEASE post your answers in the next post. My answers in the following post.

MG42 Lafette Parts Quiz, follows after my minor ranting.

Well there are some folks out there that don't mind if their left front bumper is from a Ford and the right is from a Chevy and the hood is from a Dodge and the trunk lid is from a VW. Others like to have most of it matching.

Some folks don't mind if they spend $1200.00 on something that is other worth around $600.00 but has either a good story or a slight ring of true to it. Other are willing to pay $1200.00 for something that is worth $1200.00 but only willing to pay $600.00 NOT $1200.00 but $600.00 for something only worth $600.00

What am I trying to say?? As of the time of this thread being posted there is a major seller (and an ebay seller) out there trying to sell yugo Lafettes as German Lafettes by changing one part. I know of others out there also. One wants more than $2600.00 for his/her pimped out yugo lafette.

Ok, which one of the above are you?? Want what you pay for?? That's me. I've spent more than a few minutes around these Lafettes and know a few things about them. Also use my friend Bregflaks great website a Lot. His site is listed at the end of this post.

Well here is a test that might help you get what you pay for. 3 simple items.

1st Question Front MG42 Weapon Mount
Which is German A or B
This one is ---- "A"
front mount 1.jpg
This one is ---- "B"
front mount 2.jpg
2nd Question Rear Shock Mount A or B or C
Which is the MG42 "official mount"?
Which is the redone MG42 from a MG34 mount?
Which is the yugo mount?

This is "A"
rear shock mount 1a.jpg
This is "B"
rear shock mount 3.jpg
This is "C"
rear shock mount a.jpg
3rd Question Rear Weapon Mount A or B or C
Which is the MG42 "official mount"?
Which is the MG34/MG42 mount?
Which is the yugo mount?

This is "A"
rear mount 1.jpg
This is "B"
rear mount 2.jpg
This is "C"
rear mount 3.jpg
Note all three of the above items are Welded onto the recoiling frame (G1). To me this is the Heart of the Lafette that also most everything else should revolve around. There is Great data on the top of the rear cover. "Yeah Right". Why that must tell us eveything. "Yeah Right". Data plates are being sold and changed to make things what they are not, Sorry about that.

More Later on Lafettes and MG42s. Again if you like Ford and Chevy and Dodge parts mixed avoid these threads and posts.

Later 42rocker

Great info on this website
http://www.bergflak.com/lafette/Lafetteindex.html
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: What did I find? MG42 Lafette Parts Quiz?

Post by 42rocker »

Wow no one??

1. German is A
2. official is B
redone is C
yugo is A
3. Official is B
34/42 is A
yugo is C

Well we will try another next Friday night.

Later 42rocker