Waffentag
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

EOTECH mount for MG3/MG74?

Post by Waffentag »

image.jpg
image.jpg
Has any one ever mounted an EOTECH directly on there MG42 or MG3? I see that RTG has a couple of differnt B&T mounts, the cheapest is $200?

Does this hook directly to the barrel shroud? Are there less expensive options? Does it work well?

Pat
bbrown
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Re: EOTECH mount for MG3/MG74?

Post by bbrown »

I'm having some difficulty imagining the usefulness of this. Whenever I've shot a F/A MG42, every time I pull the trigger the sight picture goes all to h*ll with all the shaking. At least unless it's cranked down tight to a ground lafette.
Waffentag
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by Waffentag »

I understand, I have the NE MG3 tripod with optics. I did not like that. I much prefer the AA Tripod and shooting with the stock in my shoulder. The Iron sites are ok, I keep it to short burst, I get my sight picutre, squeeze, then let up. I figured that the Eotech would be neat. We are shooting at steel at 200 yards.

I was wondering if anyone had tried it or how it worked for the BW.

Pat
HKARAK
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by HKARAK »

Find old style AR15 carry handle rail mount with longitudinal slot. Near perfect fit in rear sight channel. Drill couple holes in AR rail and bolt in. $10 endeavor and just fine for EO.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Waffentag wrote:I understand, I have the NE MG3 tripod with optics. I did not like that. I much prefer the AA Tripod and shooting with the stock in my shoulder. The Iron sites are ok, I keep it to short burst, I get my sight picutre, squeeze, then let up. I figured that the Eotech would be neat. We are shooting at steel at 200 yards.
Pat
What I like best is using the spade grips on the AA mount. It gets your face away from the gun, eliminates the vibration to you, and lets you see where you're shooting while it's happening. Not cheap, but definitely a great improvement.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com