MG3 AA Sight on 53 Shroud

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
HKARAK
Feldwebel
Feldwebel
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG3 AA Sight on 53 Shroud

Post by HKARAK »

Ugggghhh! Just picked up MG3 sight and looks like it's about a mm or so from retaining pin holes lining up. Is this normal for an M53 shroud? Don't want to drill out the receiver sight box holes to make it line up. So I guess options are to drill out MG3 sight holes (not much metal to work with there) or remove some metal from the unfinished shroud hole where the AA sight hook catches......to allow AA sight to slide forward a little further. Any recommendations? Thanks.
roadrunner
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: MG3 AA Sight on 53 Shroud

Post by roadrunner »

HKARAK, My mg3 AA sight needed some fitting also for an m53 shroud/base. Just a little radius on folded over tab edges. Real issue arose once holes lined up. The straight pin included with AA sight interfed with stock Yugo sight. Wouldn't allow sight to go down. Had to turn center of pin down in lathe to provide clearance for ladder sight. Maybe the mg3 ladder sight available from RTG has clearance on bottom to avoid this. Good luck, RR :D
HKARAK
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by HKARAK »

Thanks RR! A little filing on the back edges of the hook tab did the trick. Removed metal from center of long pin so sight could fold down so all good. Thanks again!
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Glad to hear that it worked out.

Later 42rocker
waffendude
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann