Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: IMA-USA lafette.

Post by pitfighter »

Thanks for the pointer, sir,

Much more inclined to play with it now that the sticky stuff is gone, lol.

Picking up an older AA mount on Weds - I'll post pics.
This one comes with an MG42 dummy attached, not an M53, so quite fun.

*Now just a need a movie to rent these too, everyone is using *&*^&%&ing softairguns and painting in muzzle flash in post - is nothing sacred, I ask you?

Like my new camera dolly? - it's not very portable.

Pit.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

That is so cool.

Later 42rocker
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

The mount opened and firearm locked in place fine - no problems in operation, the closing latch is off by a 1/8" or so, so I stood on it and it closed, lol.
It will work it's way into the proper position with use - I did try everything else, and didn't really stand on it so much as exert force from above, lol.
(Although I did use a hammer to get the AA sites lined up on the MG34/MG13)

Sorry about not extending the front leg in the pic - I am trying to keep the background clear on this set of pics, as they are for the site.

I like this mount and it all seems good - it is just heavy, and unless you lay out some canvas, you're going to get the metal dirty, it cannot be opened and closed without resting it on the ground at some point.
Also the rivets on the underside of the cocking handle took the paint off the top of body locking lugs on the Yugo Lafette.
Also, I spent a short period of my life being paid very little to wear olive colored shirts, and I cannot think of anything less fun than being tasked to carrying this around on your back - especially with such an efficient bipod, no thank you!

The color is definitely not WW2 - so I am going to have to do something, but with a lot of projects it will likely happen two days before the first job that requires it.

Some other heavy metal pics, to peruse:

Pit.
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Tommygunn »

It all looks very tasty!

Tom.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

You get to play with some totally cool stuff.

Later 42rocker
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

The new money sink....

Thankfully ammo is cheaper than 8mm!

I fully intend to making that water housing puff steam like Thomas the Tank Engine!!!!!!!

Pit.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Happy Steaming

Later 42rocker
Chrisconte

Post by Chrisconte »

I have not bought one from them yet but I am lucky enough to live 5 minutes from there retail store. Are they fun to shoot off of and are they worth the money?
pitfighter
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by pitfighter »

I needed one that looked WW2 era for the '42 set-up - I just bought one of the AA mounts too.
I make films and use that as an excuse to assemble a visually sufficient collection that I don't mind getting knocked around a bit.

I don't know why you need yours, so unfortunately I cannot comment on whether this mount is good value for you or not.

It is most definitely post-war, and the wrong color for WW2 - if you're assembling a high class collection, I'd wait and spend some more to get an original Lafette or a refurbished one like the beautiful one tommygunner is selling.
If you're reenacting, it might work, I don't know the mandate regarding post war replicas in that line of hobby.
If you're going to the range, I would get one of the post war HK style mounts, they are lighter and more efficient, this Yugo pig is heavy and awkwardly balanced - but it is quite stable.

Christian said he was going to look one out for me with some waffen marked parts on it - he didn't, lol.

Have fun,

Pit.
Tommygunn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Tommygunn »

Nod, nod, wink, wink.

Tom.