Missing a major part

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Lilbob

Missing a major part

Post by Lilbob »

Hello I'm new to this forum and would like to say thanks for the add.
Ok here's my problem got a mg42/m53 parts kits and everything was there except the feed tray in 8mm.
Does anyone one have a 8mm feed tray I can buy for a fair price?
I have checked BRP corp I have checked Robert Rtg found one on eBay for 60$ I know this shouldn't be that much not looking for anything special just want to be able to continue my semi build.
If you have one for sale in the 20$ to 40$ range please let me know so I can get the money to ya.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Missing a major part

Post by 42rocker »

1st Welcome to the site. Good Luck with your build. Lots of great info here. Use your search button for a lot of great stuff.

8mm feed tray -- I would look to pay $40 to $60 for one. Try Brian at brp

http://www.brpguns.com/categories/Parts ... ries/MG42/

Enjoy

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

If you can find an 8mm feed tray for $60, you should get it. I've seen them sell higher than that.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

I still think that yugo 8mm trays can be found, the German ones like John said go for a lot more.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Yugo or German, regardless, the 8mm feedtrays are getting harder to find. Remember Centefire almost doubled the price of their M53 parts kits when the frenzy hit back in January.

I see your point someone here may have an extra, while it never hurts to try, if nobody does do not feel like nobody cares, its just the parts are drying up, last year at this time Centerfire would give the whole parts kit (less bipod and useable barrel) for $199, but wacky politics and gun-ban threats have lead to a whole new world.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864