marknct
Leutnant
Leutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

Link choice

Post by marknct »

Hi Guys
First post after i searched for it.
Why would you chose the disintegrating links over the old style belt? I realize you need the mg3 hardware for the dm6 links.
Do the dm6 links a make sense for a semi in 308 over the dm1?
Thanks for the help
Mark
Blanksguy
General
General

Re: Link choice

Post by Blanksguy »

"Links" vs "Belts" make sense if you don't want to trip ove the empty belt while move on foot from one-point to another.....or in applications such as aircraft, etc.......so I guess it would depent on application (Military), and personal choice (Civilan-Owners).

Some will say that belts are easier to reload due to cranking-machines.....and links do take a little longer to load.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
US Army, Retired
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Once you see the price difference between links and belts, you'll go with belts. Besides that, belts are a lot less likely to be lost in the grass, and are easier to pick up after shooting.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
marknct
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by marknct »

I couldn't see a clear cut reason so i figured i'd ask. I guess for a semi the best condition stuff I can find for a decent price is the way to go. I have the mg3 setup now but need to grab a mg2 setup when RTG gets them back. I have a weakness for the steel drum look.
marknct
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by marknct »

John
After a quick look at RTG the links are $90 per K with tabs. The belts are $140/K without tabs. I didn't shop around, did you have that swapped around in your post or do i need to do some shopping?
Also, are the dm6 a direct replacement for the m13 in 1919 etc. ?
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

The price of links has come down a lot then. They used to be ridiculously expensive. Still, by the time you lost a bunch when shooting, it would end up being more expensive to use links, besides having to buy the top cover and feed tray to use them.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com