yugo lafette trade

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

yugo lafette trade

Post by Embalmer »

Well sarco responded to an ad ive had out to trade a p38 for a wwii style tripod. They are offering an actually nice one with no rust or bent legs ect for it. Type with no optic sight provision. Dont think that would be a issue as i dont have the 2 grand for optics. What you think? I get it im repainting it panzer grey or ordnance tan for looks.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: yugo lafette trade

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

You'll have to make that call. We all maneuver our collections in the directions we like. If you want to enhance your M53 and don't particularly like collecting German pistols, then that's what you may want to do. Lafettes, German or Yugo, don't grow on trees. You may be able to locate an optic mount and decide later if you want to save the $2K for the optic.. or buy something else. Most of us are on a tight budget and scrape to afford the cool stuff we like.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

Well got the p38 and luger. Out of the 2 the luger is my fav. Yeah ill have seller remirse but p38s from byf seem to be plentiful compared to byf lugers and lafettes, so can get a new one later. You can add a optic sight thing to these?
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Adding a sight.
Well I have 2 of the Sarco lafette's one I bought from their newspaper ad and the other from them at the creek. One with sight "plate" other without. The one with, is welded to the tripod. They were selling the 2 tripod's $50 different in price... However they don't seem to have an left with sight "plate", last ad... But, as stated the optic is around $2000... The German army issued them without a sight "plate", so on mine I'm telling people that's the way it was issued. Add a sight area later?? I think that it would be a real hard thing to do. I don't think that you will find one for sale so you will have to make everything... Make weld my guess about $200 worth of time and money min..

But they look great without optics anyway... In the book they say that they only made 100,000 to 140,000 est. They made as you stated a lot more p38's....

Later 42rocker
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

just ran intoan unforseen roadblock... the wife. She doesnt understand why I need another tripod for it as I have a mg3 lafette. I tried showing her pics of a wwii style vs mine, and she still doesnt understand... lol
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Some people follow the military way when dealing with their wives.

Don't ask, don't tell.

They can't say NO if they don't know about it. :lol: :lol: :lol:
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Well John,

"Don't ask, don't tell."

I need to be heading home now as I need to get 10 parts kits into my personal area in the house before the wife gets home..

Later 42rocker
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

around here we have the "48 hour rule"

As a reward for a fellow sneaking new and expensive item into the house and also escaping any female wrath that might accrue from said purchase, the fellow may make up any story he wishes after 48 hours regarding the acquisition. In other words, she gets 48 hours to notice the purchase and complain. If she misses her window, you are home free. "This old thing," you might say, when, after a week, she finally does notice, "that thing has been here since July."

However, there are rules to the rule. You can't deliberately cover up or hide the object in question. But you may place it among other "stuff" as to make it blend in.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

That's just Minnesota rules..

Down here we go by Florida rules......

Of course either way some days it just seems that the wife's rule is the one.

Got to go, I got home before the wife now need to put 10 parts kits away someplace.

Quick Tomcat, where is your best hiding place, wait that's Minnesota rules.

Later 42rocker
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

When I was married, the best place was in the oven.....as she never cooked. :lol:
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

haha I tried that before, but she caught on that if the bank account is suddenly "lighter" to check the vault room, and the surrounding areas for anything new. I outsmarted her, as Last time I bought a musket I put a lamp shade on it, and stuck it in the corner of the living room. she never found the new purchase. :bnija:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

TC-nice-she must have been related to my ex! :lol: There is always'That was here a long time-don't you remember? or I'm just keeping it here for a friend,his wife isn't as understanding as you are! :lol: Or the method that worked out best for me-no more wife! After many years,I finally had a girlfriend that was normal,then she asked me to move in with her.But she said 'No machine guns in my living room!! Put the downstairs in the family room,it is bigger and you can see them better!' Keepin this one! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

My soon to be wife is actually understanding about my collection, and enjoys shooting as much as i do. she actually has me doubting to do the trade by reminding me of past events. When i sold my collection a few years ago i figure i could have replaced it easily. But an accident at work left me sidelined and on a fixed income, and sharp rise in value in milsurps left many things i once had now out of my reach. I think if i gave up the pistol another price spike will happen, and will make finding one in this condition wont be possible with my situation. The m53 i was lucky to have some left over $$ from a 20k check my ex employer gave me for my permanent limp (ontop of meager weekly salary from them to do nothing but go nuts of boredom)
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Ok, follow up post on where do I hide things.... Well, when the wife got home I asked her to help me put the kits up... So cool she helped. She went with me to the machine gun shoot in Red Wing, Minn over the summer. Some of you folks got to meet her. She did not shoot in Minn but did some shooting with our son and daughter in Georgia on the way up....
I have been lucky to be with her for the last 35 years and hope God Willing to stay wed to her till it's time to visit the big guy...

Later 42rocker
gearlogo
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by gearlogo »

I would not trade a p38 for a post war yugo tripod. I own a post war yugo an original that was redone by the Yugoslavs post war. you will not be happy without the optics mount. I bought it as relic of the Civil wars and it will stay in it's current paint.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

I bought 2 of the sarco tripods and painted one ord tan (for me) and the other panzer grey (the one I sold). They are pretty nice but not worth the price of a P38
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

Yeah dont worry, still in my collection. Partly cause I believe it to be a vet bringback thats original matching untampered with in excellent shape, and second Crapco offered $300 for it in trade, which told them they can stuff it, as they are selling reworked pos's for 800 each.

Im happy with the mg3 mount anyways.

(dont mind wifeys civil war reenacting crap that she found conveinent to store in my armory :( )
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

That Mauser looks really nice and clean. Please tell me you refurbished it and not Mitchells Mausers. :puk:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:That Mauser looks really nice and clean. Please tell me you refurbished it and not Mitchells Mausers. :puk:
:oops: it is a mitchell. Was the only way i could find a nice byf k98., all ones i found were sewerpiped, nazi marks peened ect. For 500 (400 for rifle plus 100 for maker/date select), im happy i got a real wwii non rc byf 43 matching barrel receiver combo with a mint bore, and a very nice looking rifle. I blued the bolt and matches rifle perfectly. If i can find k98 parts marked 91 or 0091 i can replace the non matching parts.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Trying to match the SN's on RC k98's is quite a challenge. Me and my friends had to settle for matching the factory waffenamts only. Among the 40 or so rifles we tore apart and piled into parts on the floor, only a couple were able to be totally factory matched.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury