Yugo M52 Lafette

Tripods, ammo cans, gunners kit, etc.
Chuckm
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Yugo M52 Lafette

Post by Chuckm »

Back in 2010, Orin Harding, 762x51, was working on a translation of a Yugo manual on the M52 Lafette. He posted some pages of the Manual ( in Yugoslav) as a "show and tell"

I downloaded the pages and just came across them doing a new hard drive and wondered if he had ever gotten it done.

I have tried to use Google Translate on them and have done some but would like to use the pictures but they are locked to the file and I cannot remove his watermarks from them.

Anyone have any ideas on this? I did get a PDF of the Yugo M53 manual from a chap in Serbia. I can forward to to any one who would like a copy, but you need to be able to read Serb!!!

Chuckm
Carson City, NV
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Yugo M52 Lafette

Post by 42rocker »

I remember when it was posted. No I do not believe anything came of it yet. In talking with John he said that he had received a German detail /breakdown manual on the Lafette and was going to work on it. Bergflak has done a lot of nice work on the lafettes and has some great postings on his site.

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I talked to Orin. He doesn't know what ever happened to that manual (misplaced/lost/sold). I tried to buy it from him.

I learned enough Swedish to translate the manual for the 20 mm S18-1000. I could take a shot at the Yugo lafette manual if someone has that, but going through all that for another operator manual for the gun isn't going to happen. I already have several operator manuals translated from German.

John
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
dogman5
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by dogman5 »

I saved pages 64-71, 73-75, and 77-82 of the Lafette disassembly manual that Orin posted. Not sure why I had page gaps, but I would assume that the pages that aren't there weren't in the files he posted. I can add those here if you guys would like and with Orin's permission.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I doubt that permission is necessary - he's the one who uploaded them on here in the first place. They may even still be here, somewhere.

dogman5
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by dogman5 »

Here are the pages that I saved out of the manual scans. Hope somebody finds them helpful.
Attachments
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
Last edited by dogman5 on Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dogman5
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by dogman5 »

Part 2
Attachments
11.jpg
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
16.jpg
17.jpg
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Just so more people know, I've translated the 186 page M53 repair manual, and besides the gun information, it contains the complete lafette repair information with exploded diagrams of all the parts, with details about the belt loader too. If you liked Orins Yugo manual, this is 10 times better since it's more detailed and in English.

It's a great manual, and I had to learn Serbo-Croatian to translated it, so it isn't cheap ($42, includes US postage).

Yugoslavia M53/MG42 Armorer's Manual - Yugoslavia Military Issue

Mitraljez i Puskomitraljez 7.9 mm M53 i M42 - Heavy and Light Machine Gun 7.9 mm M53 and MG42. I now have the 1963 dated Yugoslavian Army manual for M53/MG42 repair in English. This is a VERY detailed manual (186 pages) and includes exploded views of all the parts for the disassembly/assembly/repair of the gun, for the lafette (including the searching fire device), and for the belt loader. This is an exceptionally good manual with detailed information not found in any of the other manuals for the M53/MG42, or anywhere else for that matter.
The bad part is that it was written in Serbo-Croatian (Yugoslav), so it took a lot of time to translate it.
After 10 weeks, I have it in English. No, you can't just type it into Google translator and have it make sense. I tried it, and most of the result is not even close to usable. I had to buy dictionaries and learn some Serbo-Croation for this one, then sit with the gun, the lafette, and the belt loader in pieces to make sure I got it right, then translate and clean up all the illustrations, and since it is twice the size of most manuals (186 pages), this translation was a lot of work. This has 186 full size (8.5 x 11") pages, bound with a plastic comb so that it lays flat when you read it. See the table of contents and sample pages below. Foreign orders are welcome, email me for the extra cost for postage.
This manual is currently available ONLY from GermanManuals.com
Please reference"Yugo M53 Repair" on your order.
$42 - includes priority mail for US addresses.
Attachments
YugoM53-0.jpg
YugoM53-0-org.jpg
YugoM53-1a.jpg
YugoM53-38.jpg
YugoM53-42.jpg
YugoM53-70.jpg
YugoM53-78.jpg

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Need to get a few of those manuals. I could not read either. The pics were good now to have English words next to the pics = outstanding.

Stay Safe

Later 42rocker