something missing?

Post your pics and vids here.
Michael J

something missing?

Post by Michael J »

I saw a link to this weird website while I was looking up some science articles. They have some fancy looking ray-guns :lol: . I decided to check out a section of their site that said "Artwork", and saw this. Obviously this person is not very knowledgeable with the function and appearance of the 34!

http://www.rayguns-r-us.com/index.htm
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: something missing?

Post by JBaum »

I'd much rather look at the reflections in the helmet lenses... :bnija:
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Good eyes,Herr Wachtmeister!! Michael is still young,he will learn to spot that stuff in time! :lol: :lol: ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

jbaum wrote:I'd much rather look at the reflections in the helmet lenses... :bnija:
wooaah sorry for the nudity, i didn't even see that! :oops: :lol:
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

OMG have you seen the prices of those "ray guns"!
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

pricey! I thought they looked pretty awesome, but i could make something like that up on the lathe no problem!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

FREEKIN' WEIRD.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I think the artist started with a piece of paper that was too small-figured it out too late! :? Sort of like that Aztec calendar thing.My theory is it is either a desk calendar,or they just didn't have a big enough stone.Although if the world is going to end soon,I want to be here to see it!
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Bet that shorty 34 is tough to shoot with no barrel.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

jbaum wrote:Bet that shorty 34 is tough to shoot with no barrel.
...and no pistol grip and trigger.

The sad thing is that this artwork will probably inspire som SteamPunked artist with some tools to make this abortion out of a parts kit and parade it around at the next science fiction & fantasy convention.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Like those star war blasters that look like the mg15s,sort of.Maybe the artist bought a 34 kit,and without the receiver pieces,thought this was how it went together.The grip was just part of an old pistol that was in the box!Maybe there is another picture with the grip and the 34 barrel put together,a sort of Dirty Harry pistol! :? :lol: ---bil
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

I wonder what kind of parts kit he got then. It has a MG42 rear sight and that strange rear spring and ring ? ? ?

I hope some nerds start to build them. It will drive up the price of the MG-34 parts kits. More money for me then. Sorry, but won't be buying any but selling......
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
12thWaffenSS

Post by 12thWaffenSS »

oakrodent wrote:I wonder what kind of parts kit he got then. It has a MG42 rear sight and that strange rear spring and ring ? ? ?

I hope some nerds start to build them. It will drive up the price of the MG-34 parts kits. More money for me then. Sorry, but won't be buying any but selling......
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, you have a pm.

Thanks!
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

The guy making the ray guns has several Form 4 MG42's, 34's and aircraft guns. One of his MG42's is in the Myrvang book. He is also acknowledged in the Weaver book "Hitler's Garands."